Shutting My Teens Phone Down
LazJam

Hello,

I have set Time Limits on my 18 year olds phone, but he still has access to Wifi (stays with his mom) after the Time Limits have gone into effect.

Shy of having her disconnect her WiFi, is there any other way to shut down his phone?

Thanks, 

0 Likes
Re: Shutting My Teens Phone Down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LazJam, we understand the importance of safeguarding your 18 year old's phone. Without the Verizon Smart Family Companion app installed on your child's device, you can:

• View call and text activity
  • Set time restrictions on texts, calls and data usage
  • Set data limits
  • Set text, call and purchase limits
  • Get access to the device's network location

Note: Network location accuracy may vary up to a few miles.

However, you'll need to pair the Verizon Smart Family app on your device with the Smart Family Companion app on your child's device to:

• Set content filters
  • Monitor web and app activity
  • Pause internet access
  • Set time restrictions on Wi-Fi usage
  • Locate family members and set location alerts with the best location accuracy
  • Use the location check-in feature, where kids can send you their precise location when they arrive at their destination
  • Use the Pick Me Up feature that lets your child send a request for a ride to a parent line

For more information, please review this link:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/ 

Do you have the application downloaded to your child's device? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
D4rthBane
Enthusiast - Level 2
The lad is 18 years old my dude. Do you need to control his life that much.
0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

If it is under your name, you have two options to choose from: One option is that you can make arrangements so that the line of service on your son's phone will be legally under his name, through a process known as a transfer of service. A new Verizon Wireless account will then be opened in your son's name, and he will have legal authority and financial responsibility for said account from then on. Another option is to simply shut it off.

0 Likes