Just Kids not blocking texts
fullerjas
Enthusiast - Level 1

My understanding of the Just Kids program is that it should block all incoming texts and phone calls from numbers that are not in the trusted contact list.

However, my kid's phone receives multiple "advertisement" texts per day, clearly aimed at the previous owner of the phone number. Even worse, it does not even show up in my parent app as having received any texts. I only noticed it because my child asked me to show them something.

At this point, I've gone in and manually blocked the numbers, but that seems to defeat the purpose of the plan.

Has anyone else ran into this challenge, and if so, found a better way to fix it that checking my kid's phone and manually blocking numbers?

Re: Just Kids not blocking texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fullerjas, I totally understand your concern about this. Protecting your child from unwanted text is a must and my goal is to help get this sorted out for you. Just to clarify, are the text coming from blocked or restricted numbers?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
fullerjas
Enthusiast - Level 1

Only text messages at this stage.

As a Just Kids account, my understanding is that ALL numbers are blocked except those in the trusted contact list. These numbers are not in the trusted contact list.

I have been manually adding them to the blocked number list, but that will only last for 90 days (i believe) and it means that I have to manually check their phone or the Family App.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s make sure we have all the details.  Is the phone only receiving these “advertisement” text messages or “regular” text messages as well?  What device and texting application is this happening on?  Can you tell us more about what these texts are showing and saying?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
carl456

I'm having the same issue.  My child only has 5 numbers in his contact list currently - it is my expectation that those are the only 5 numbers that are allowed to call him or text him (and that he is allowed to call or text) 

Today he received a solicitation offering to pay him to advertise Budweiser on his car truck or bike from a random area code 443 number.

Given the intent of this program (that we're paying for) and the children that it's intended to protect, how is this being allowed through?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, carl456. We want to make sure your Smart Family feature is working well. To clarify, are the 5 contacts on the Trusted Contact list?  *Cassie

0 Likes