Familybase Companion App
TXW130

Please update Familybase Companion App. I tried to install kid's phone, it says "not compatible" I just signed up the plan and if the App is not working, and then it now worse spend $4.99 a month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Familybase Companion App
deloused
Master - Level 3

The Companion App won't work with current smartphones since the only features exclusive to it (lock/erase/app management) are controlled & offered from the operating system developers for Android devices with version 6.0 & newer. (like Google's Find My Device) similar to Apple's Find My iPhone (which was why the companion app was never able to be used with iPhones).

All other features of Family Base (viewing activity/setting controls & restrictions) are still usable without the companion app if those are safeguards you're looking for.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Familybase Companion App
deloused
Master - Level 3

The Companion App won't work with current smartphones since the only features exclusive to it (lock/erase/app management) are controlled & offered from the operating system developers for Android devices with version 6.0 & newer. (like Google's Find My Device) similar to Apple's Find My iPhone (which was why the companion app was never able to be used with iPhones).

All other features of Family Base (viewing activity/setting controls & restrictions) are still usable without the companion app if those are safeguards you're looking for.

0 Likes