why does the message program for mac do nothing but crash? it's totally useless
THECHR53
Enthusiast - Level 1

why does the message  program for mac do nothing but crash? it's totally useless

Labels (1)
Re: why does the message program for mac do nothing but crash? it's totally useless
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THECHR53, keeping you connected is an absolute must! Are you referring to Verizon Messages +? When did this issue start happening? Please share some additional details so we can get this working for you.

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: why does the message program for mac do nothing but crash? it's totally useless
edawg

I have the same problem.  It's a brick 100% of the time I launch it.  Force Quit every time on my mac.  works fine on my pc, but the mac version is a dud.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edawg, We want to make sure everything is working for you and the reset of the customers. We are here to provide additional support.  Can you provide more details on what happens when you try to use Verizon Messages on your MAC? 

RalphT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
edawg

yes, i get a blank dialog box and a spinning beach ball. when i get bored waiting, i hit force quit

eric

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience we want for you. We'll work together to ensure the application works properly. What happens when you uninstall and reinstall the application? What's your IOS version?

TrinetteW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

With regard to the message application we want to make sure you are all set. Have you tried removing the application and installing it back to the computer? Is the latest version installed?

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
edawg

The Mac doesn’t run IOS.  I am, however, running Apple’s most current Mac

operating system.  I have the current build which is 10.12.6.

There are many reports of this same crash on your forums.  The mac platform

is simply unstable.

-Eric

[removed}

Personal content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edawg - I appreciate the additional information. I use the Verizon messages on my Mac all the time and have not run into the issue, you're having. I am confident that we can figure out what is causing the issue you're having. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Verizon messages (Message +) application on your Mac?   

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
zipur
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon; you need to get your coders on this inoperable application.  You are missing a tremendous feature for Verizon MAC users!  Messages+ is an awesome app. but the fact that i's buggy, locks up and most of all will not even work on MACOS IOS 10.12.6. is very disappointing.