Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
web meessages not showing contacts
SHASTA72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday my web Verizon Messages stopped showing my contact names?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: web meessages not showing contacts
buckar00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  Windows 7 in both Chrome and Firefox.  Contacts do appear VZ cloud under manage contacts - just not syncing with the web app in a browser.

On my home PC, the messaging app is performing correctly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

buckar00

We want this feature to work properly for you. Did you recently update the software for that application on your devices? 

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
buckar00
Enthusiast - Level 2

You weren't specific about which software update:

Windows 7 - no recent updateChrome - yes update within past 3 daysFirefox - no recent update

Other Windows 10 pc - no updateVZW message+ app - no update

0 Likes
BPNOALARM

I was having the same problem but I FIXED it when troubleshooting.

I decided to compose a message and typed in my clients name to see if it would recognize it. All of a sudden the whole list went from phone numbers back to contact names. ?? Anyway, it's fixed just like that. Try it.

0 Likes
neverknowtillyoutry3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worked for me too! Thanks BPNOALARM

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to keep you connected and knowing who is messaging you is crucial, SHASTA72. Our technicians have identified an issue are working diligently to resolve it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your patience in the meantime.

Chris_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shasta72, being able to see the contacts name is very important. Let's check a few things out here. Were there any recent changes to your computer when the contacts names disappeared? Are you using a Windows-based computer or Apple? Please provide me with some details. Looking forward to working with you.

Kevin_VZW

0 Likes
buckar00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Back in business.  Issue has been resolved. I double checked and the app is syncing names again in both chrome & firefox.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's great to hear the issues been resolved. Glad we could be of assistance! If you ever need our services, you know where to find us. 

0 Likes