rlh1950

how do i open vzm files on my pc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: vzm files
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You open them from within the Messages+ app - open the app and then look for the option to restore from a backup.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rlh1950,

Help is here! We know that being able to access certain files on your computer is important. Can you please specify more about what type of files you are trying to open? Once we know more information, we can work towards a solution.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rlh1950

I was looking for software to read vzm files other than the Message+ app.  My concerns was what could I use to read them if I did not have access to that app (reading them from my PC if possible).  I have now found an app (Text to Email) I can use to save them as pdf files.

0 Likes
StarWarsIV
Enthusiast - Level 1

i save my messages on my phone, and it ends with the .vzm extension, I have tried using a different extension but to no avail. msg-070917.vzm is what the file is named once it is saved.

It doesn't give me an option to save another way, and like I have said I have tried using different extensions but that didn't work either.

There has got to be a way with all the advancements these phones have made to be able to open and read these saved files.

I need these text messages as they will be used as evidence in an upcoming court case.

Thanks

Mitch

shaaza_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

HI there,

To save and read .vzm file, save the file onto your PC as a .html or .xml file. You should then be able to read the file using a web browser on your PC.

Thanks,

Shaaz

0 Likes
kbbwills
Enthusiast - Level 1

After downloading the VZM file to your PC, they are in a form of HTML/XML -- which can be somewhat seen in a browser.  I looked around at a lot of things - and found this helpful free site that renders them for you in a readable format -- it does not upload the file to their site -- it just allows you to VIEW it in their page.  It's what I needed.   https://www.legaltextcollector.com/static/vzmview.html

0 Likes
MFD127

Could you specify on what you used, would like to use the text to email to convert old text messages 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes