vtext stopped working
SWONG208

I no longer can receive message via vtext from work, gmail or yahoo email

0 Likes
Re: vtext stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SWONG208, we want to ensure you receive all of your messages. How long has this been happening?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
chiumun

I have the same issue.  From my email timestamp I can say that it was working on Apr 18 Thursday at 9:47am Central, and stopped working same day at 1:22pm and have not been working since.

0 Likes
SWONG208

It stopped working on 4/18, but on 4/19 i got only some messages (I for sure 2 did not go through).   Today (4/20) i only got 1 out of 4 messages (that I know of)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chiumun, that does seem very odd that this was all happening at the same time. Let's work together to find out what's going on.What is the make/model of your phone? To clarify, have all of your messages stopped, text messages, picture messages and emails? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
chiumun

I have an iphone 6S.  If I email myself at my_phone_number@vtext.com, I get it as a text.  But for a setup where gmail forwards emails to my_phone_number@vtext.com, I don't get anything at all.  If I set it to forward to my_phone_number@vzwpix.com, it works.  

Update: forwarding now works again for my_phone_number@vtext.com.  I don't know if something changed over the weekend because I had changed it to forward to vzwpix.com instead as a temporary solution.

Of course this may be a different issue from the original poster, who reported getting them intermittenly now.  And I've only tested on a few messages today, not enough to tell if I'm only getting them sometimes or just been lucky.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SWONG208, thanks for the update regarding your experience with how you've been receiving your vtext responses. We don't currently see any existing issues with vtext at this time. Just to clarify, are you sending the message from your computer or phone directly? Have any settings or features been changed on your account?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad it is working for you once again, chiumun. Depending on the email provider's servers, you may need to use @VTEXT.com or @vzwpix.com. There is no way of knowing ahead of time, since it is only based on how their system processes the emails

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
glennr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is very frustrating. It is 2020 and from what I'm seeing this issue has been going on since 2016. Wow 4 years and it is still an issue.

For me it appears to only affect IPhones. Sometimes when I send to IPhone #@vtext.com it will work. Other times it won't unless I switch it to #@vzwpix. It appears to be random. Any help would be appreciated. The users we are sending to are subscribed users to our system and the want to receive 2 factor authentication.  So the system needs to send them a text message.  We are using Amazon SES service to send the e-mail text messages.  Prior to our recent switch to Amazon we were using Microsoft Exchange.  So, the issue is not an Amazon issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of this for you. We would like to look further into this for you, please meet us in a Private Note to proceed. We will stand by. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes