vtext stopped working

SWONG208
Miembro

I no longer can receive message via vtext from work, gmail or yahoo email

0 Me gusta

Re: vtext stopped working

Community Manager
Community Manager

SWONG208, we want to ensure you receive all of your messages. How long has this been happening?

LauraL_VZW

0 Me gusta

chiumun
Miembro

I have the same issue.  From my email timestamp I can say that it was working on Apr 18 Thursday at 9:47am Central, and stopped working same day at 1:22pm and have not been working since.

0 Me gusta

SWONG208
Miembro

It stopped working on 4/18, but on 4/19 i got only some messages (I for sure 2 did not go through).   Today (4/20) i only got 1 out of 4 messages (that I know of)

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Chiumun, that does seem very odd that this was all happening at the same time. Permite que's work together to find out what's going on.What is the make/model of your teléfono? To clarify, have all of your messages stopped, text messages, picture messages and emails? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Me gusta

chiumun
Miembro

I have an iphone 6S.  If I email myself at my_phone_number@vtext.com, I get it as a text.  But for a setup where gmail forwards emails to my_phone_number@vtext.com, I don't get anything at all.  If I set it to forward to my_phone_number@vzwpix.com, it works.  

Update: forwarding now works again for my_phone_number@vtext.com.  I don't know if something changed over the weekend because I had changed it to forward to vzwpix.com instead as a temporary solution.

Of course this may be a different issue from the original poster, who reported getting them intermittenly now.  And I've only tested on a few messages today, not enough to tell if I'm only getting them sometimes or just been lucky.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

SWONG208, thanks for the update regarding your experience with how you've been receiving your vtext responses. We don't currently see any existing issues with vtext at this time. Just to clarify, are you sending the message from your computer or phone directly? Have any settings or features been changed on your account?

AlanS_VZW

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are glad it is working for you once again, chiumun. Depending on the email provider's servers, you may need to use @VTEXT.com or @vzwpix.com. There is no way of knowing ahead of time, since it is only based on how their system processes the emails

StevenG_VZW

0 Me gusta