vtext not working for specific numbers
eriddle

I have an application that sends short messages via e-mail to text to my team.  On June 21, between 9:42 am and 10:04pm this service stopped working, but only for my team's phone numbers, (all verizon) and only from my two specific mail servers.  There are other people on campus using my mail servers for similar messages via vtext, and they continue to be delivered.  If I send email via outlook365 to my team's numbers, it also works fine.  The mail log message changed from 'mail accepted for delivery' to 'service unavailable'.  Sending to vzwpix.com has the same error.  It seems that vtext is blocking messages to my number, but only if it is from a certain mail server.

0 Likes
Re: vtext not working for specific numbers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to send and receive your messages. We want to ensure that this is fixed. What's the make and model of the phone you are using? Is your team also having the same issue?

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
BMc0382
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a very similar issue, but it is sending to @VTEXT.com from gmail.  The message never gets to the recipient.  HOWEVER, if I send the message from MS Outlook, it goes through instantly.  Verizon or Google issue(s)?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BMc0382, we always want to ensure that your services are working properly. How long has this issue been occurring? Are you sending these messages from your smartphone or computer? If so, what model phone or computer are you using? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes