texts and ringtones...pix place?
scootz

I am trying to upload(or download?) a ringtone ( from a website) to my VOYAGER via text. I get the text but it says to view it online at vzwpix.com. I go to the site, sign-in and can listen to the tone there. But, I cannot get it TO my PHONE! I have looked in every possible place on my phone; sound setting, ringtones, my sounds, my ringtones, etc...   

HELP plz

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: texts and ringtones...pix place?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, normally when I "get" a ringtone, it plays when I open the text message, and I simply "save as ringtone" with the right soft key.  The only time I recall someone being sent to vzwpix.com was a friend who did not have a camera phone so was unable to view the picture I sent, and had to view it online.  Why the Voyager (my phone as well!) does not play the sound is puzzling.  Has it played sounds received in text messages before?  How large is the sound file?  What format is the sound file in?  All these may factor in to why this particular sound isn't playing on your phone.

Perhaps someone else knows other reasons or other places to look for solutions....

0 Likes
Re: texts and ringtones...pix place?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Are you able to send/receive picture messages normally? If not, you may want to check to see if you have the National Access block. Typically you only get that message to login to pix place when your device is unable to receive MMS.

If you can normally send/receive picture messages then try pulling your battery while the phone is on and leaving it out for 30 seconds. After powering it back up dial *228 and select option #1. Let the phone program and then attempt to download the ringtone again.

0 Likes