text messages rcvd
yj6593

I was checking my daughters text usage and noticed a number that is not a phone number she is receiving texts from--could it be a game--how do i find out what it is since she also doesn't know.  She got about 20 in minute from the same number on multiple days.  Thanks for any help!!!   I was reading about short codes???  Not sure if it is this is the number:  0092466501

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text messages rcvd
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

92466 is Yahoo - so she ws possibly texting with someone who was on their computer using Yahoo IM and sending to her phone.  The three digits at the end identify the "thread" so the messages between the two of them are properly directed.  It would come into her phone as a text message, probably with the person's screen name or nickname, so she may not have even been aware it was coming from a computer. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: text messages rcvd
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

92466 is Yahoo - so she ws possibly texting with someone who was on their computer using Yahoo IM and sending to her phone.  The three digits at the end identify the "thread" so the messages between the two of them are properly directed.  It would come into her phone as a text message, probably with the person's screen name or nickname, so she may not have even been aware it was coming from a computer. 

0 Likes