"no longer a participant in this conversation"
rg3891

In Message +, one of my contacts is blue.  When I try to text them, it says "you are no longer a participant in this conversation".  How do I fix this?  I'm on a Samsung GS7.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "no longer a participant in this conversation"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rg3891, we all rely heavily on text these days, so we would be happy to work toward a resolution on the error message. We will need more details to start with. About when did this problem start? Do you recall any changes to the phone around the time this started? Are you able to call and text this person from another messaging app, such as the Samsung standard messaging app? Are you trying to start a new text thread with this person or send a text in an existing thread?
DavidC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rg3891

Thanks for your help.  The contact in question is my wife, and the problem started just after she got a new phone a few days ago.  Texts from her new phone came to me as group texts, even though I was the only recipient.  I was able to reply initially, but now I cannot send texts to her.  I still receive her texts and I am still able to call her.  I tried deleting the thread, but when I try text her from a new thread it still gives me the same "no longer a participant of this conversation" message.  I also tried deleting her as a contact, then creating a new contact... same result.

0 Likes
guadalupem_vzw

It seems it is the message+ app. I just switched to the default messaging app and uninstalled VZ Message+ app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rg3891, this is excellent information for us to work with. Can you please verify that you and your wife have the same version of Message+? What happens if you try to text her from the default message application on your phone?

Melissa_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PITT4

same problem here note 8. a couple of my contracts that use verizion are unreachable via text. i get the same message and the send arrow isnt there. just happened today.

0 Likes
ANTMIL32
Enthusiast - Level 1

this just started on my new Note 8 and my Daughter's new S9. my wife has no problem with her new S9 but she is not running the updated version of the app. my daughter and i have 6.7.3 and my wife has 6.6.?

Seems to me that a new update needs to be released to fix this and soon, or a way to go back one version needs to be found so that we can continue to use texting. I have my daughter and mine working temporarily through the regular messages that is also on the phone but the functionality is worse and the notifications don't always seem to come in so I am constantly checking to see if anyone text me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your messaging working properly, and we want to help you get this resolved. We want to refresh the application information, no worries, this will not delete your messages only the application settings. To do this please go to settings>apps>message+>storage>clear data. Then, please restart your phone, access the message + application, and try to send a message. Let us know what happens.

Paloma_VZW

loonling

My problem just started.  I sent my husband s tect which was part of a thread and about an hour later I couldn't send another as I was no longer a participant of this conversation.  I have a Note 5 my husband has a Google pixel.  As far as we are aware there were no changes to either phone.  My phone did go through several restarts as it continually said I didn't have a sim  card. I csn send messages to him through messenger.  Can this be fixed?

0 Likes
ANTMIL32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did this on my phone already and it is working again. I am going to go home and do it on my daughters to make sure it works on hers.

0 Likes