Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,839 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
not receiving messages on iphone 6s plus
MISALL37

hey there--i am not receiving messages from people who definitely sent them to me.  my neighbor, my husband, and several friends have told me and shown me what they sent...and i am not getting them.  i do receive messages from some people, just not all of the messages sent to me.  so far as i can tell, this started about a month ago.  not using verizon messages app or anything like that--just the normal text icon on phone.  HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: not receiving messages on iphone 6s plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MISALL37,

We want to ensure you are able to receive all the messages sent to you. We are here to look into this issue with you. What is the make and model of your device? Is your phone on the latest Software version? Do you receive some of their messages, or do you not receive any of the messages they send you?

0 Likes
MISALL37

hi--i have an iphone 6s plus, and it is a new one that i just got a few months ago from apple to replace my broken one.  i am running the most current system that works with my computer:  version 11.4.1.  i am receiving no texts from some people and all texts from others.  very confusing!

0 Likes
MISALL37

any insight as to why this is happening?  i reset all my network settings, but still cannot receive texts from some people.  like i literally sat next to my friend while she texted me and nothing came through.  should i do a hard reset?

0 Likes
colinh_vzw
Verizon Employee

MISSALL37,

There are several reasons that you could be experiencing this, and rest assured we will get to the bottom of everything. When activating the new device, did you insert the existing SIM from your previous one or activate a new one? Are your phone calls or data experiencing any trouble?

If you visit Settings > iMessage, are your correct phone number and Apple ID being displayed? Does the issue persist if you disable iMessage?

Colin H_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MISALL37

hi colin-

1.  imessage is off, and is always off.  i have four phones on my apple i.d., and imessage makes communication harder, not easier.  it stays off on all phones.  also, my friends who cannot text me do not use apple phones.

2.  i can't remember about the SIM--i think i used the old card.  i replaced the phone in august, and it was working perfectly until a week ago.

3.  i am able to call the people who cannot text me, and they are able to call me.  they receive my texts, too.

4.  data seems fine.

one thing:  i had just returned from europe when this problem started.  i had a TIM (italian) SIM card in my phone for three weeks--phone began acting up after i put my verizon card back in.  i reset network settings, but still not receiving all texts.

thank you!

0 Likes
MISALL37

i really need help with this, or i'm going to be forced to change carriers.  a google search tells me this is not a unique problem with verizon--there needs to be a fix.  please advise.  thank you!

0 Likes
colinh_vzw
Verizon Employee

MISALL37,

I completely understand wanting a quick resolution to this concern. Getting your messages is crucial for communications, and I completely understand the difficulty of managing multiple devices with one Apple ID.

I recommend 2 things at this juncture. It is unlikely that the issue lies squarely with other's devices, but all the same, have them double check that their devices are set to Send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable (or in your case turned off).

Also, the information about a recent return from overseas could very well be relevant. What I recommend is visiting Settings > General > Reset, and selecting "Reset all settings." This will not erase and data but will reset the settings to their defaults. You'll need to restore your Apple Pay cards and turn off iMessage once again, but this fill fix and possible errors that were not corrected by the network settings reset.

Please let us know if this helps, and we will proceed further if necessary.

Colin H_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes