my deleted voicemail messages reappear after 20-some days
DetailDiva

My deleted voicemail messages reappear after 20-some days, and I must delete them again before I can listen to new voicemail messages. 

This has been going on for years, and I'm finally irritated enough to search for an answer.  It has been a problem with 2 "dumb" phones, and is still a problem with my Nokia Lumia 822.  I've had the same verizon account through all these phones.  I can't find any setting anywhere that addresses this issue, or any help online.

Can someone please explain to me how to fix this?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my deleted voicemail messages reappear after 20-some days
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DetailDiva,

Wow, this definitely is not something you should have to deal with! While I know this may seem silly, but what options do you choose on your voicemail to delete them?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DetailDiva

Well, I use whichever button it tells me in the "To delete this message, press X" prompt which, after I doublechecked, I discovered is 7. 

Which is odd, because in the voicemail guide I found here, at http://www.verizon.com/wholesale/clecsupport/east/wholesale/customer_docs/pdfs/at_a_glance_guide_1.p..., it says that I should press 3 to delete a message.  But, when I tried pressing 3 to delete a message, it told me that I had chosen an invalid selection, or something like that.  Of course, this guide is dated 2001.....

Then I found this, Voice Mail FAQs | Verizon Wireless, which says that 7 is the button to delete messages. 

Curiouser and curiouser.  Someone, give me a bottle to drink that will solve my problems, please!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update on your process, DetailDiva. I agree that this is curious behavior for voicemail. Do you find that you have any issues with the other key commands (such as pressing 4 to repeat the message, or 9 to save for twenty-one days)? How about using your keypad to navigate through IVR's (interactive voice response) systems?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes