Re: message plus wont scan qr codes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details. Have you seen your device successfully scan QR Codes before? 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
jebel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes. The camera app scans qr codes ok.

0 Likes
jhanka1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will Verizon realize their Android Tablet Message+ app does not work. Your QR reader is NOT working. I can read the QR code with MANY other QR reader apps except yours. Why can't you either publish a fix or supply a registration URL like you do for the iPhone Message+ install.

rossmehlhop
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW, please quit asking non productive useless questions about if your tablets can actually scan anything. You are spinning our wheels. 

KevinM_VZW is on the right path.  This app needs a update and fast. A lot of people want to use their tablets to send text messages. Quit asking silly questions and get the update out to us!

chedgeco
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZW_RobertH

It seems like customer service is not listening, this is very frustrating. I will quote my own comment and highlight the answer to you question:

"chedgeco Member 12-29-2020 10:23 AM" 

"I just reset my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Message+ app then reinitialized it. It successfully read the QR code and reinitialized the app.

I purchased my Samsung A7 tablet from Costco.

I scanned the QR code used to initialize the Message+ app on the Samsung A7 tablet with a different QR Scanner app (QR Scanner/QR Code Reader by EZ to Use) installed on the Samsung A7 tablet and the QR Scanner app was able to successfully recognize the code.

The Message+ app QR scanner still cannot recognize the QR code and will not initialize the app."

Note that the camera app can also scan QR Codes.

Can you please just update this thread, that all of these people are watching, by edause all of these people are experiencing the exact same problem, when you have an update for the Message+ app.

If you have a bot turned on for this thread please turn it off!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chedgeco, Rest assured, we are all agents working on this thread. Seeing that this has been an issue you first expressed concerns about 6 days ago, I definitely want to make sure you get your new tablet up and running with the Message+ application. I know that for myself, convenience is always key, so let's make sure you have just that on your new Samsung A7 tablet. I want to take a deeper look into the account and start troubleshooting so I have sent a Private Note to your inbox. Please reply to me there.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rossmehlhop,

Our only goal is to provide assistance and solutions on a case-by-case basis. We cover every possibility, and while everything will be evaluated on the back end we also want to ensure that no other possible root causes are being overlooked.

We appreciate all who are impacted working with us. Please let us know how and if we can continue to assist.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

rossmehlhop,

Our only goal is to provide assistance and solutions on a case-by-case basis. We cover every possibility, and while everything will be evaluated on the back end we also want to ensure that no other possible root causes are being overlooked.

We appreciate all who are impacted working with us. Please let us know how and if we can continue to assist.

ColinH_VZW

@colinh_vzw @vzw_customer_support  Most everybody experiencing this issue has documented their scenario and described their devices.  It would be most helpful if you could engage your next levels of technical support to see if they have tried to replicate the issue and solve the problem. Then provide their feedback to the Forum via this thread and all the other related threads.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
devygravity

I just got an A7 tablet for Christmas and also can't get the QRcode to scan. I already tried to converse with Verizon customer service and they've told me point blank their Messages app isn't compatible with the A tablets. I don't know why they can't be that transparent on these forums. ATT and Verizon have blocked the capacity to use the call and text functions from pairing. Its ridiculous. My phone is unblocked at this rate. Between VZWs rates and their customer service, maybe its time to say good bye to VZW. 

0 Likes
rossmehlhop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've got a great idea,  why doesn't Verizon see the issue first hand by getting a A7 tablet and try downloading the message+. Doesn't that seem logical rather than asking pointless questions that further engage their customers.  I have to believe that is something they can pull off and have the resources to do so....?

0 Likes