Re: message plus wont scan qr codes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know personally how this national emergency has impacted us all, and we want to help you as much as possible, 3038836188. It is systematically impossible to setup Message+ without having the phone available. Please confirm at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-231252/). I apologize for any inconvenience this information may cause you. 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Compujedi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Chrome book that only has a front camera (selfie camera). In this day and age, designing an app that requires a specific camera is something you'd expect from a beginner programmer. So Verizon, how do you get Message+ to work on a Chromebook, or any 1 camera device?

brooklyn_101
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes I have a chromebook as well. I've tried all recommendations that I have been given or found  & still nothing 

0 Likes
ToneGrail
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't work on the front facing camera either. These guys are a bunch of blockheads. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As previously discussed, this will not work without a phone, I apologize. However, we will lift this feedback up to management. We value your feedback and we thank you for providing it.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
brooklyn_101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a phone! I'm trying to connect the app on my chromebook with my phone. I'm not an blockhead. I apologise if this is an inconvenience for you but it is your responsibility as a customer service representative to assist people (like me)with the company (in which you work for) malfunctions. Hints your job title. I'm not usually irritated easily so please forgive me for being blunt and upset, it's just super annoying. 

I've been with Version & used the message+ app for over 10 years now for the most part and the response I receive from the CUSTOMER SERVICE representative is lousy and uninterested in assisting me with my situation!?!? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brooklyn_101, Please know that we truly do value you as such a loyal customer of over 10-years. I would be just as frustrated, not being able to successfully scan the QR Code, and get Messages+ on your Chromebook. When was the last time you were able to successfully use Messages+ on your Chromebook? Do you get any error message when trying to scan the QR Code? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
gtabarez415
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had problem scanning the qr code at first until I enlarged the image on my phone until it locked in place on the screen;  then it scanned easily.

Batie

I am trying to set up message+ on a tablet and it is not working. I receive the text message and attempt to scan it with my tablet. The message+ on my tablet simply won't recognize QR codes.

When pointing the camera at the QR code on my phone (I am lining things up correctly, QR code in the box) the scanner doesn't seem to think there is anything there. However, when using a QR scanner off Google play, I am able to scan the code.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried some of the things that worked for others, e.g. switch cameras if you have two or try adjusting the size of the QR code to scan?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes