Re: message+ pictures downloading
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, let's get to the bottom of this once and for all because I know your time is valuable. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. 

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Boricua3205
Enthusiast - Level 2

So today out of the clear blue it is working the way it wa originally, without physically turning on data or WiFi.  Will see how long that lasts

0 Likes
SNOWHITE7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wish mine was that way. Mine has not worked now for 4 months. T-Mobile has better rates. Think I might go there

0 Likes
MrManhattan123

I am having the same problem with Message+. Samsung Galaxy S9+. Latest version of app. MMS messages stuck with "Downloading" displayed. Happens with mobile data as well as wi-fi. 

If I toggle mobile data on/off or restart my phone repeatedly it will sometimes clear up but sometimes sits for days before downloading.

However the messages are showing up properly on my Nexus 7 tablet on wi-fi with the same Message+ app loaded.

This is terrible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on the Message+ app to keep my messages moving and keep me connected, MrManhattan123. Let's take a closer look into what's going on to ensure your messages are working as well. Please ensure your message app is up to date. When did this start? What happens if you erase the message thread and start a new message? Does this happen with all MMS or only certain messages?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MrManhattan123

Hi Danielle.

This started as soon as I upgraded from Galaxy S7 to new Galaxy S9+ last month.

It is only with MMS messages. Messages with either pictures or group messages with multiple parties. This is the same issue described by others on the online thread. I uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no improvement.

However my Nexus 7 tablet on wifi and my old Galaxy S7 Edge did not have this problem.

Tripp

0 Likes
JULYONKLOEY

I either have to clear the cache or restart the phone. The pictures show up in the messaging app on the Note 8. Its really frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, MrManhattan123. Next, I'd like to ensure you have a secure data connection. Please power off your phone and remove the SIM card for approximately 20 seconds. After that, please reinsert the SIM card and power your phone back on to test the messages. Find the steps in this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216713/. Please keep us posted.

TracyB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JULYONKLOEY, I'm sorry you've been having trouble as well with the Message+ App. The information you shared about the picture downloading working with the manufacturer's included messaging app was helpful. Have you checked if your Message+ App is fully updated? To check on that, you just need to access your Google Play App. I'll share the link from Google on how to update that app manually. Just follow the steps listed under 'Update Android Apps Manually' section, to check and complete an update to the app. https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en
Another thing we'd want to check is, have you recently updated your phone at all?

0 Likes
MrManhattan123

Hi Tracy,

I followed the instructions to power down the phone, remove the SIM card for 20 seconds and reinstall. I will respond back with a further update soon on whether or not this affected this intermittent “Downloading” error. Thanks.

Tripp

0 Likes