m2m and domestic mess up
jmkamer

So i tend to check my texting every day to make sure i dont go over my low texting plan. and i noticed that some of the numbers..for example:

123-456-7890

will show up on parts of the bill as domestic and on other parts it will be m2m... if im being screwed over and losing text for this i'm going to be mad. anyone had this problem or know if verizon is trying to be tricky? because i would like my m2m to not show up as domestic

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: m2m and domestic mess up
sullz79

I'm having this problem too! And the number that keeps inter-changing from domestic and m2m domestic is on my family plan. What is going on here?:smileymad:

It looks like from 8/14-8/26 is where the numbers get switched from m2m to domestic.

0 Likes
jmkamer

yeah. it's really making me think that verizon is trying to pull a fast one. because ill see 20 m2m then 10 domestic right after of the same number. are they using my texts that are supposed to be free? >XO

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use this tool to check the number(s) in question.  If they come up as IN NETWORK, then it will count as M2M.

0 Likes
sullz79

This doesn't answer our question. We know these numbers are M2M...in my case, the person is on my family plan. Our question is why are other Verizon customer numbers being counted under our 500 text messages and not under M2M?

I went through my message numbers and the phone number in my family plan IS being deducted from my 500!!

0 Likes
Protege
Contributor - Level 1

Sometimes things won't appear correctly on your bill when you are in an extended network (roaming without roaming charges).  Are you guys getting billed for overages?

0 Likes
jmkamer

no and i'd rather not find out...id rather verizon get their crap right so it shows up right. looks like a glitch in the system to me..and id rather not get billed out the **bleep** for it

0 Likes
Protege
Contributor - Level 1

I'd have to agree with you.  I had a problem with my calls showing up as unavailable numbers on my verizon and on my bill, simply put they were in the extended network which made sense.  So that could be the problem.  Just check your bill monthly, if they make a mistake they usually own up to it and fix it.  Keep us posted with what happens with your account!

Good Luck

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

My messaging and even calls have been just a bit off online, but the bills have always been accurate - it works itself out by the time billing rolls around.  If you think you ARE going to get charged for those #'s, keep a list of them, and when you get your bill, go online and print out the details to verify that they were, in  fact, billed as non-network calls/texts.  I'm sure if you can demonstrate that, Verizon will credit you the overages.  However, I really don't think that will be necessary - if they are M2M, they will be billed that way.

0 Likes
danielson

Hi everyone,

I too am having this issue and both service reps I've talked to about it say it's not a big deal and that the texts are showing on their system as M2M but for an unknown reason they show as domestic on our account activity. 

So yesterday morning I took it upon myself to download my texts into a spreadsheet and break it all down for them.  I then wrote an email with all my findings with this issue and submitted it to Verizon's technical team.  Within 10 minutes I received a call from an IT person at Verizon telling me I (and now I see it's more than just me) am right.  He stated this is an unknown issue within Verizon and they weren't sure if it was just my number or nationwide.  Looks like it's more than just me!!!  The IT man said they are going to work on the issue immediately to resolve it. 

This is a nationwide problem people and at first I thought Verizon was not going to do a thing about it until I sent them the cold hard facts that they were wrongfully billing M2M texts as domestic.

Hopefull they will fix the issue a.s.a.p.

0 Likes