cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

junk spam text

jwcanfield
Miembro

I'm getting lots and lots of junk/spam type texts and that's a problem on many fronts.  First, they're using data.  Second, I can't find any way to stop it.  What is the solution or any input?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: junk spam text

Weth
Líder Sénior

Why do you think that doesn't help. That is the official way to report SPAM to Verizon so they can put systemic blocks on the source. You can also add 15 numbers to block. Finally, why do you think it is using data? Text messages do not use data.

Here is official way to handle SPAM, including the excellent advice from Acrillix

Preguntas frecuentes sobre controles de correo spam | Verizon Wireless

¿Qué debo hacer si recibo un mensaje de texto spam?

El correo spam se considera como una publicidad comercial no solicitada o cualquier mensaje que tenga enlace a un virus o software dañino. No respondas al número telefónico ni abras ningún enlace en el mensaje. Si lo haces, podrías comprometer tu información personal y/o tu dispositivo móvil.

Si todavía tienes el mensaje en tu dispositivo, sigue los pasos que aparecen a continuación para informar sobre el mensaje no deseado:

1. Be careful not to open any links and forward the suspected spam text message to short code 7726 (SPAM).
  2. Una vez recibido, te enviaremos un mensaje de texto para pedirte la dirección "De".
  3. Respóndenos con la dirección "De" de mensaje de texto no deseado que aparece en el cuerpo de tu mensaje de texto.
  4. Recibirás un mensaje de texto gratuito con la notificación Gracias para confirmar la recepción.
  5. Comenzará la investigación.

Si estás usando los mensajes de Verizon, sigue estos pasos para informar sobre correo spam:

1. Mantén oprimido el mensaje. Ten cuidado de no hacer clic en ningún enlace.
  2. When the option menu appears select Report Spam.
  3. El mensaje se borrará de tu dispositivo y se te notificará que el mensaje se reportó como correo spam.
  4. Comenzará la investigación.

Has informado con éxito sobre un mensaje de texto no deseado.

Notas:

• You won't receive any further updates once you've received the final "Thank You" text message.

Los mensajes enviados y recibidos desde el número 7726 son gratuitos.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Acrillix

Send it to SPAM (7726)

0 Me gusta

jwcanfield
Miembro

This doesn't help, but thank you.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Why do you think that doesn't help. That is the official way to report SPAM to Verizon so they can put systemic blocks on the source. You can also add 15 numbers to block. Finally, why do you think it is using data? Text messages do not use data.

Here is official way to handle SPAM, including the excellent advice from Acrillix

Preguntas frecuentes sobre controles de correo spam | Verizon Wireless

¿Qué debo hacer si recibo un mensaje de texto spam?

El correo spam se considera como una publicidad comercial no solicitada o cualquier mensaje que tenga enlace a un virus o software dañino. No respondas al número telefónico ni abras ningún enlace en el mensaje. Si lo haces, podrías comprometer tu información personal y/o tu dispositivo móvil.

Si todavía tienes el mensaje en tu dispositivo, sigue los pasos que aparecen a continuación para informar sobre el mensaje no deseado:

1. Be careful not to open any links and forward the suspected spam text message to short code 7726 (SPAM).
  2. Una vez recibido, te enviaremos un mensaje de texto para pedirte la dirección "De".
  3. Respóndenos con la dirección "De" de mensaje de texto no deseado que aparece en el cuerpo de tu mensaje de texto.
  4. Recibirás un mensaje de texto gratuito con la notificación Gracias para confirmar la recepción.
  5. Comenzará la investigación.

Si estás usando los mensajes de Verizon, sigue estos pasos para informar sobre correo spam:

1. Mantén oprimido el mensaje. Ten cuidado de no hacer clic en ningún enlace.
  2. When the option menu appears select Report Spam.
  3. El mensaje se borrará de tu dispositivo y se te notificará que el mensaje se reportó como correo spam.
  4. Comenzará la investigación.

Has informado con éxito sobre un mensaje de texto no deseado.

Notas:

• You won't receive any further updates once you've received the final "Thank You" text message.

Los mensajes enviados y recibidos desde el número 7726 son gratuitos.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

jwcanfield
Miembro

Blocking individual numbers is a circular exercise.  The spam texts just continue from another randomly generated or spoofed number.  Same for email.

Sent from Joyce [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

All you can do is report each one to 7726. Or change your phone number.

0 Me gusta

dpgleason
Miembro

None of that works on my iPhone 8.  There is no option for reporting spam by pressing and holding my finger on the message.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry this isn't working on your iPhone 8 dpgleason. We understand the concern with making sure you block unwanted content. Were you able to forward the suspected spam text message to short code 7726 (SPAM)? Here is a link with steps to block internet spam, email, websites, and text https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/#block-internet .

Let me know if this information is helpful.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Me gusta

DADDIODAVE
Miembro

Hitting "Report Spam" only seems to delete that particular message, I've never gotten a reply from Verizon, and continue to get similar spam texts from the same number.  I'm betting that Verizon is getting a cut from the spammers, especially from 77502.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello DADDIODAVE, getting unwanted spam texts can be a headache, especially if it's from the same number. The last thing we want is for you to think Verizon Wireless is getting a cut from the spammers. Please tell us more, what do the messages consist of? Aside from hitting ''Report Spam'', what other methods have you attempted to restrict the spam texts?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Me gusta