cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

how to set up alerts for mobile email on Samsung Reality?

wildbluephlox
Miembro

Hola,

I was wondering how we could set up to receive automatic alerts for new incoming emails on a Samsung Reality?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: how to set up alerts for mobile email on Samsung Reality?

bosslady85

Here is how to enable your alerts.

1. From the Mobile Email application, select the desired email account then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Select.
Nota If prompted enter the username and password,  then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Sign In.
2. Press the right soft key to choose Options.
3. Select Settings then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Select.
Nota For AOL / AIM select Preferences.
4. Select the desired setting then press the right soft key to choose Save.

Para desactivar las alertas por email:
Selecciona Disable o Never.
Para activar las alertas por email:
Selecciona Enable o Always.
Para recibir email durante un intervalo de tiempo deseado:
Select Only During then enter the desired time interval.
Nota Es posible que esta configuración no esté disponible en todos los teléfonos o cuentas. Hope this helps:smileywink:

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

wildbluephlox
Miembro

For instance, I use gmail. After logging in, I click on Options (on lower left hand corner), then Settings, then it takes me to "Alert me for new messages." I click on "Always." However, it's not working. I still don't get automatic alerts on the home page of my cell phone whenever new emails arrive.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

slmille1
Miembro

I have noticed that there is about a 10 minute delay because i have a email client on my laptop and can hear that alert before i can hear my phone alert me.  Are you not receiving alerts at all?

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rjschwalje
Miembro

I don't receive any alerts at all.  However, when I go into the mobile email app, all my emails are there.  I just don't receive alerts.  How do I fix this?

0 Me gusta

bosslady85

Here is how to enable your alerts.

1. From the Mobile Email application, select the desired email account then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Select.
Nota If prompted enter the username and password,  then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Sign In.
2. Press the right soft key to choose Options.
3. Select Settings then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Select.
Nota For AOL / AIM select Preferences.
4. Select the desired setting then press the right soft key to choose Save.

Para desactivar las alertas por email:
Selecciona Disable o Never.
Para activar las alertas por email:
Selecciona Enable o Always.
Para recibir email durante un intervalo de tiempo deseado:
Select Only During then enter the desired time interval.
Nota Es posible que esta configuración no esté disponible en todos los teléfonos o cuentas. Hope this helps:smileywink:

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rjschwalje
Miembro

Thank you for the help.  A few more questions though if you don't mind.  How long of a delay should I expect for receiving alerts? So far it has taken at least 30 minutes after the email is sent to my phone to receive an alert.  Also, sometimes when I check my mobile email, there are emails in there and I was never alerted.  What could be causing these delays in alerts?

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

bosslady85

You're welcome!  It could possibly be that your phone was getting no reception at the time the email came through.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rjschwalje
Miembro

How long of a delay should I expect from when the email is sent to me to when I receive an alert?

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

wildbluephlox
Miembro

No, I don't receive any alerts for gmail, but for yahoo, I do.

I actually tried the suggestions offered by Natavia before I started this post, but they do not work for gmail. I think I tried searching either on this forum or elsewhere, but gmail has some issues with its mobile email. I assume only the google phones (i.e. Droid Incredible) have no problem on email alerts.

I created a separate yahoo account for forwarding, so that the gmail gets forwarded to the yahoo account. Yahoo works fine with getting the email alerts. I would say that it works 95% of the time? I just checked my account, and I noticed that I didn't get a recent alert. The alerts are usually in real-time, I think.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

jpascual
Miembro

You may have more luck using the Vemail mobile email app that can be found in Media Center > Browse & Download > Email > Vemail.  In my experience, its Alerts service is more reliable.  Oops, looks like Vemail is not available for the Samsung Reality yet, but it is on most other phones.

0 Me gusta