how much does it cost
bandgeek08

how much does it cost to get unlimited, because the store i went to told me that 5000 txt was the highest amount of txt i could get, and i went over that this month by nearly 2000... so how much is unlimited txt?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how much does it cost
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

That depends on whether or not you are part of a family share plan. Family share plans can have unlimited text messaging but it would change the actual plan to a Select plan which is VZW's unlimited texting plan, and this would apply to all lines. The cost of this is $30 add'l on your calling plan, obviously your other text packages would fall off. The $20.00 package which gives unl mobile to mobile + 5000 out of network is really intended for scenarios where you are one of a group of lines on afamily shar eplan and the other lines dont' need unlimited, therefore saving you money. So again, depends on whether or not you are part of a family shareplan. A single line can have a select plan for +$20.00, which is the same cost as the 5000 msg package, so that would be a value as well.

0 Likes
BS2009

Text Messaging Plans start at $5.00.

$5.00: 250 To Anyother Carrier, and Unlimited to Verizon Only

$10.00: 500 To Anyother Carrier, and Unlimited to Verizon Only

$15.00: 1500 To Anyother Carrier, and Unlimited to Verizon Only

$20.00: 5000 To Anyother Carrier, and Unlimited to Verizon Only

$30.00: Unlimited To Anyother Carrier, and Verizon Members.

0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

BS2009 wrote:

Text Messaging Plans start at $5.00.

$5.00: 250 To Anyother Carrier, and Unlimited to Verizon Only

This is not correct. $5.00 would only get you 250 to all carriers, including VZW. You would not get unlimited to VZW. It would go against your package.

Unlimited VZW to VZW does not start until $10/500 msg, $15/1500 msg, and $20/5000 msg packages.

Message Edited by SMRyan on 03-31-2009 03:35 PM
0 Likes
Cobalt
Contributor - Level 1
SMRyan posted the correct information. The select (unlimited messaging) plan is $20 more for single line plans, $30 more for family share plans (all lines gain the benefit) and the 250 message/$5 text plan doesn't gain the benefit of unlimited mobile to mobile messaging.
0 Likes