I need to know who owns this number 000-000-6245

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: find out who owns this number that was texted 000-000-6245
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try a web search?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving unknown calls can be frustrating SlyviaPlatt. I regret we do not have access to locate numbers and find who the number is registered to. Are you receiving text messages or phone calls from this number? 

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@MichelleS_VZW vzw_customer_support​ That response is disconcerting/unfortunate since searching for 000-000-6245 shows numerous references to Verizon possibly using this number.  Can you escalate to your Technical Support to investigate?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
SylviaPlatt

It is a Sex Site Chat Room. They notify their clinets when they are

online or vice-versa. Husband spends 24/7 at this site.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It may be that site that is sending text messages but the number 000-000-6245 is not tied to that site.  I sent myself text messages from the Verizon web site and that number sporadically shows up.  I still think it is related to the Verizon handling of text messages (maybe replicating them to other devices on the account) and recording an internal message instead of suppressing it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SylviaPlatt, receiving unwanted texts is absolutely a valid concern. The good news is we do offer the option to block spam text for free so you can have peace of mind going forward. You can find more information regarding this at the below resource. https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/safeguards/SafeguardProductDetails.action?productName=i...

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If someone sends a text to a Verizon Messaging subscriber via email at number@vtext.com or sending a text from the Messaging+ app/service to an email address, 000-000-6245 (6245=MAIL) shows up in the text log as the To/From address.  This default number is used/inserted by the gateway between the Messaging server and the internet.  It's too bad the originating/terminating email address is not used for identification purposes.

0 Likes
DEE1228

How did you find that out? Is there a link to the site?

0 Likes
Re: find out who owns this number that was texted [phone number removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
Carbo67

How do you know that number is from a sex chat room ?  How did you trace it to that ?

0 Likes