facebook texting
brookebing

they have that new facebook mobile thingy.....and you text it to update your facebook status..does it cost anything? if i have unlimited text.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: facebook texting
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. it does not cost extra to text (and receive texts) from Facebook mobile if you have unlimited texting.  I've had it set up for awhile.  I can update my status, send pix, and receive texts when friends update their status or respond to me directly.  You choose how, or if, you want to be notified about various activities.

0 Likes
arichard21

alot of people report that through verizon sometimes status update texts take forever to go through (up to 12 hours). i had the same problem myself. it was hit or miss...

0 Likes
tweetheart
Enthusiast - Level 3

SuzyQ wrote:

No. it does not cost extra to text (and receive texts) from Facebook mobile if you have unlimited texting.  I've had it set up for awhile.  I can update my status, send pix, and receive texts when friends update their status or respond to me directly.  You choose how, or if, you want to be notified about various activities.

Exactly what I was just needing to know. Thank you Suzy!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

arichard21 wrote:

alot of people report that through verizon sometimes status update texts take forever to go through (up to 12 hours). i had the same problem myself. it was hit or miss...

True - and I think it has more to do with Facebook than Verizon or any other carrier.  Facebook can be glitchy, and doesn't always work well even on my DSL connection.

0 Likes