can't text, call out, receive calls....
irritated909

Since yesterday morning my fascinate has been screwed up. Outgoing texts will show as failed, incoming texts/voicemail will come in hours after they were sent, I can't call anyone including voicemail/customer service, and no data signal at times. The frustrating part is my cell will work for a few minutes and everything appears fine: all the texts I wasn't receiving would all pop-up at once, I can call voicemail, I can text, then BOOM minutes later the issues will start up again. Phone will work for roughly 5-8 mins, the rest of the day my cell is useless. I now want to throw it against the wall for each time it has given me false hope. The other annoying issue is even though my texts show as failed, some will send but remain in failed status on my cell. I believe it may be an outage issue??? When I went to work (in a different city) my cell worked just fine. Then, as soon as I got home the issues came back.

I've done as much trouble shooting as I can handle: shutting it down, taking the battery out and leaving it off for a few minutes, updated the PRL, turning airplane mode on/off, deleting text threads/pics/videos for more storage space, etc.

Does anyone know if there is an outage in the Chino CA area?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't text, call out, receive calls....
wendyz1

I am in peoria il area and for a few weeks now i have been dropping calls cant receive calls or 3g...I can however txt, and use wireless internet...my home phone connect has the same issues...I call tech support told me will take 72 hours...well that was up 2 days ago still same issues.  I have a htc thunderbolt...this has been a very wide spread issue for weeks now here in central illinois...I wish they would fix there issues as ALL my phones run on verizon wireless and I am missing very very important calls...FIX IT ALREADY!!!!

0 Likes
Re: can't text, call out, receive calls....
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

irritated909 wrote:

... I believe it may be an outage issue??? When I went to work (in a different city) my cell worked just fine. Then, as soon as I got home the issues came back.

It does indeed sound like an outage - since the problems went away in a different location.  Hopefully temporary... customer service (*611 from your handset or 800-922-0204 from any phone) may be able to tell you if they are working on towers in that area or if there is a known outage there.

You've done all the steps to correct the problem if it was your phone... not sure what else to tell you!

0 Likes