can not receive msgs from any other phone
cheelow8382

I have not been able to receive messsages for almost 24 hours. Pepole get them when I send them, but I don't get their responses. I do however get text messages that are sent via email through computer. I have called customer service numerous times, have even gone into the store and even with a different phone my account wouldn't receive messages. Customer service says there are "select outages" but all of the other verizon phones within 3 feet from me were getting and receiving messages? I switched to Verizon last week on Friday.  I had been with Alltel and did check my old phone but did not have messages there.  I have tried all the reset options you can think of...any one else having issues? I am using a Verizon phone now too, and it worked for almost a week!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can not receive msgs from any other phone
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Currently there is a problem nationwide with SMS. Not all subscribers are affected. It started in Hawaii but now it seems most of the country is affected. And from what I can tell it's mostly intercarrier SMS. VZW-VZW should be okay.

So it is an issue many people are having, you're not the only one. Usually stuff like this is fixed within a day or two.

0 Likes
Re: can not receive msgs from any other phone
cobian88

Hm.

Its been 2 days already.

Do you know an exact date yet?

When i called yesterday they said it was just the state of hawaii that was affected and that their LOOKING for the problem. So i assume from what the guy said is that they havent pin pointed it yet. Did they find out what is wrong? and working on it?

0 Likes