Why is Message+ on this website available only for PCs, not Macs?
I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm curious why the VerizonWireless website offers Message+ on the desktop only for PCs. 

There's a version available on the Apple Store, but it's dated February 2017 and rated only one star (the lowest rating possible) by more than half the reviews -- 50+ reviewers gave it one star -- on the Apple Store.  I've tried to use Message+ but like most of the reviewers, found it balky, unreliable, and basically useless.

I hoped that there might be a newer, revised version on the VerizonWireless website, but there isn't.  So I've basically canned the app on my Mac desktop.  And because I need to sync my Mac and my smartphone, I'm instead using Drupe and Facebook Messenger/SMS for ALL my messaging.

Texting is an important telecom service, I'm very unhappy that Verizon is either ignorant or unconcerned about this situation.  You're supposed to be on top of these things, but you're not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is Message+ on this website available only for PCs, not Macs?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Messages app in the Windows App Store isn't faring much better. It has an average rating of 2.3 out of 5 stars.

0 Likes
Re: Why is Message+ on this website available only for PCs, not Macs?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHALOW28,

Let's not give up so soon, as Message+ is made to be used on your computer along with other mobile devices. Check out #6 under General Information here ( http://vz.to/1m4FfTm ) and you'll see that this service is compatible with Safari and computers running OS X 10.8 and newer. Are you trying to download an application, or use the in-browser web app? I ask because the desktop application does not have all of the same features as the downloadable app, but click on the "Go to the web app" link here to sign in: http://vz.to/2clafvM . Make sure that you're already using Message+ on your smartphone though, as this is not a standalone program. Let us know how that goes for you.

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes