Re: Why don't I receive all of my Text Messages on the Web setup?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Ronc, 

I can understand how frustrating this has been for you. Our apologies for the repetitive questions. We want to find a solution. I have reviewed this entire conversation and see you are using the web version. Have you attempted to download the PC version to your computer? 

We would also need to get our engineers involved. We have sent you a Private Message to gather personal details. 

JenelleR_VZW

@jeneller_vzw  Maybe you can identify and tell/show us how to get the current version of Message+ for the PC?  Have you attempted to download the PC version to your computer?

Please, get your engineers involved.  We have been waiting patiently for a working Win10 version of Message+.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I communicated with Ronan Dunne, Executive Vice President and Group CEO—Verizon Consumer, and he had two of his aides to contact me.  Both agreed that this browser version is in need of repair but is being worked on by their IT group.  They did not have a date for a fix. 

@vzw_customer_support  Please look at your tech support bulletins for information on this.  Why don't you make use of info provided by your management.

RONC

0 Likes
kevinbourne75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you explain more why this is a security issue or point me to somewhere?

At work I use the Web Version all day long as I am not allowed to have a cell phone with me. I also cannot install any software so the Desktop version is a no go. When I go to sites that require 2 factor authentication I never see the code that is texted which means I can never get into those sites at work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the response. Based on the information you shared, this may not be the solution for you. We are unable to change how the service works. BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
markh11
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am having the same problem of not receiving short code text messages online (Amazon two-factor verification messages), although the new message count continues to increase every time I have them send a new code. Obviously it has been months and this issue still hasn't been resolved. Where are you, Verizon?
SteveO7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems Verizon is taking the "no comment" path, as they appear to have incompetent HTML engineers who can't seen to figure this out. Maybe they are all too busy hanging out at the water cooler or playing Minesweeper on their computers. 

Quite pathetic for this day and age.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Steve07, the last thing we want is for you to feel this way. We're here to help. Are you also having issues receiving messages through the website? 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
finfan3dp1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears that you do not want to help, or do not want to admit that there is no solution.  MULTIPLE people have complained about this issue:

1) We work in places where cell phones are not allowed

2) We are unable to use your app on our computer, but are allowed to use your website Text Version.

3) We receive some texts, but now all the sudden, especially if someone has a newer phone we can't receive replies.

4) We can send, but not receive.

5) We cannot receive verification texts from places we do business with.

6)  THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT:  YOUR ONLINE VERSION APPARENTLY IS THE PROBLEM, AND SOMEONE AT VERIZON SHOULD EITHER ADMIT YOU CAN'T FIX IT, SO WE CAN MOVE ON, OR BETTER YET FIX IT SO WE CAN RECEIVE OUR TEXTS.

Thank you in advance for your help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

finfan3dp1, 

I know how important it is to be able to manage your texts from My Verizon, and I want to get this resolved for you. Please reply to our Direct Message for additional assistance, so we can gather the details needed to help fix this. 

Thank you, 

Michelle_VZW 

0 Likes
salindley
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been stated by Verizon Support that short numbers aren't displayed on the Web version of Messages. I have a couple of questions related to that:

1) What possible security issue could arise from allowing short number texts to display on the Web version? Please elaborate on the logic behind this decision, as I can't imagine in my wildest dreams how this could possibly be a security issue. It's just another text message, that happens to not come from an "actual" phone number.

2) Please submit an RFE to your engineering team to allow the customer (me) to select an option to enable the display of short number messages on the Web version. If there is indeed some security implication (that has yet to be revealed), then it should be up to me to decide if I'm willing to take the risk, not up to Verizon. I really despise it when an entity makes these sorts of decisions "for my own good". I should have the option to decide for myself, along with the intelligence to make an informed decision. Go ahead and default it to "off" if some security weenie thinks it's a risk, but allow me the grace to decide to accept the risk and allow them to display. Should a user access the option, having a brief explanation as to why it's "a bad idea" would be fine, even a good thing, and Verizon can feel warm and fuzzy for having informed the customer of the level of "risk".

Please treat the customer as if they had a brain.

0 Likes