Why don't I receive all of my Text Messages on the Web setup?
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I receive some text messages on my phone (g7) that do not show on the web version of messages.  These are the ones from the 5 digit addresses mainly.  All from email accounts seem to show.

When will this be fixed?

I used to receive them with the Message+ app which is now broken.

RONC

Re: Why don't I receive all of my Text Messages on the Web setup?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rechmbrs, we understand the importance of making sure you are receiving all of your text messages across all of your devices. Allow us the opportunity to review. Can you please clarify what type of 5 digit addresses you are unable to view from the web version of messages? Do these text messages include “Short Codes” which is normally used by Banks or certain apps for verification purposes? Are these text messages still stored on your mobile device?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

These missing messages are not shown on the web page but when they are received by the phone, the count of messages awaiting on the Message icon in Chrome shows the number of new messages seen.

Messages are from Verizon 900080004000, my pharmacy about picking up meds, from Pizza delivery that they are on the way.  Some have a link for me to press but most are informational.

It is like a permissional problem but only at the display or not display level.

RONC

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of receiving short codes. Let's get this figured out. Do you have a block for internet messages or any other messaging block? Click here to review the block that is in place. http://spr.ly/6581Dc6Mx

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't see anything about blocked messages at that link.   If I had blocked messages the phone wouldn't receive it either.

It has to be in the way the texts are received by the browser version.  As I said before, I see the number of texts received in the tab of the messages browser in Chrome and it shows that it did recive the correct number but it doesn't show the text message in the list.

RONC

rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also noticed that emoji are missing within the text I do receive on the PC.  

Also get popup to sign in to groupsyncva.....  What is this?

RONC

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You apparently aren't aware of the issues reported by MANY users over the last year regarding Verizon Message+ sync'ing with multiple devices, including the desktop/laptop PC.  Your issues could very well be related to everyone elses along this line.  Also, some short code texts for security reasons are delivered ONLY to the primary device associated with a phone number.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jav6,

Thanks for replying.

I am well aware of the problems with the Windows 10 App Messages+ (I'm on the long list of responders on the thread about the problems) but was told by Verizon that the web page version was OK.  I'm proving otherwise but with a different set of problems.  The only messages missing are short code texts which used to show on the Win 10 app.  The PC is receiving them as they show in the number of new texts but they are placed in the viewing area for the user to see.  

Verizon has no idea what their software does and the support people are clueless!!!!

RONC

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rechmbrs, thanks so much for confirming those details for me. Please share with me what happens when you attempt to send a message from this platform?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Message sending is working.  I'm able to send SMS and MMS messages.  Sending images seems to work.  

I am not able to include emoji on any text as the emoji dialog opens but there is nothing I can select to send.  Just a small space of nothing.  Smiley Sad

What is the login to groupsyncva.vma.vzw.com that pops up in the web site???  It asks for an ID and password but my Verizon ID and password don't work.  It pops up every time I refresh or send a message.  I'd like it to not show up!!!

RONC

0 Likes