Why does your online text site keep refreshing as I am trying to send a text? It's very frustrating.
wilbrod18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why does your online text site keep refreshing as I am trying to send a text?  It's very frustrating.

Labels (1)
Re: Why does your online text site keep refreshing as I am trying to send a text? It's very frustrating.
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

wilbrod18, our site refreshing is never intended to frustrate you. We certainly want you to be able to send all of your important messages. Part of this reason is for the security of our website. How long after you begin typing the message does the site refresh?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does your online text site keep refreshing as I am trying to send a text? It's very frustrating.
Cellstein
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sometimes it refreshes as soon as I click on conversation I want to text to, sometimes after a word or two and sometimes I will type what I want and hit send and then it refreshes and never sends.  I have tried internet explorer, microsoft edge, google crome and firefox. they all do the same thing. At home computer and work computer..    Please tell me how to configure my settings so I can send texts.   I can not have a Camera phone at work, so that is my only way to easily text.

nitro2
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a rather long post below you will find that some of us have been complaining about this for almost a year.  (Message+ on web keeps on reloading and is unusable.)  All you will get from these front line people is regurgitated script; most can't even comprehend the problem and those that do are handcuffed by Verizon and can't escalate it.  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried downloading and using the desktop Message+ app?  That might get around the browser refresh issue.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Why does your online text site keep refreshing as I am trying to send a text?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nitro2, this is certainly not the type of experience that we would like you to have. We are certainly here to keep working toward a resolution. The first step would be to gather information specific to your concern on this thread. Have you noticed any patterns with the service not working on the web? Have you tried various web browsers? And if so, which ones?                

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why does your online text site keep refreshing as I am trying to send a text?
nitro2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Then fix the problem.  Some of us use this for work and it is the only solution available for texting. Since I opened this thread to read and reply, and started writing this sentence the site has refreshed itself over 15 times without any user interaction.  It finally stopped a second ago.  It will start back up the next time it requires me to sign in after the security cookie expires (an hour or so).  Sometimes it doesn't ever stop refreshing.  

As I said before, I'm not doing your troubleshooting song and dance again.  Fool me once...etc.  If you would actually escalate this to somebody who has the time to read the 5 pages of information I linked, it happens on every single browser (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi ... should I go on?) and the same users see the same behavior on multiple networks, so it isn't a home network, a firewalled work network, or an ISP routing thing.  IT IS A VERIZON THING.  And it most likely has to do with the NGINX load balancing software.  

Don't bother responding unless that response is:  "We are escalating this to our web development team." (or something to that effect)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly want to help you Nitro2. I am a consumer myself so I understand how annoying it can be for a page to refresh all the time. In order to get a better understanding, we do need to do some troubleshooting. Has this always been this way? What happens if you download the desktop application for Verizon Messages +? Please elaborate. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Cerekay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  I tried different browsers on different OS's.  Firefox in Apple OSX works, Firefox and Chromium in Linux fail.  Firefox in Windows fails.

I looked at the app to download, but there doesn't seem to be a Windows or Linux version.  If there something I'm missing?

Justavian
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still happening.  It makes the online text thing basically unusable for me.  I tried turning off ad blocking and other extensions - doesn't matter.  It's insane that this has been a problem for months (at a minimum).  How can a company this large, with the kinds of resources they have, be unable to solve a problem like this?