Re: Why does my messages plus app keep crashing?
reverendin

This is obviously tied to the latest update. If they don't have a fix ready, they should at least roll back the update until they do. That shouldn;t be too hard to do.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Did you uninstall via the Play Store to get back to 6.3.7 default and then test, followed by an upgrade to 6.8.8?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Aimee6243
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's what I was told...

Thank you for letting us know. We have been looking into your concerns further. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Verizon is experiencing an outage with the Message+ application. Our technicians are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it quickly. At this time, we do not have an estimated time frame for a fix. Please feel free to reach out to us for updates. Did you have any further questions I may help you with in the meantime? - Manuel

0 Likes
Aimee6243
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is doing the same...

Here is what Verizon on fb messenger told me..

Thank you for letting us know. We have been looking into your concerns further. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Verizon is experiencing an outage with the Message+ application. Our technicians are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it quickly. At this time, we do not have an estimated time frame for a fix. Please feel free to reach out to us for updates. Did you have any further questions I may help you with in the meantime? 

0 Likes
Aimee6243
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is doing the same...

Here is what Verizon told me..

Thank you for letting us know. We have been looking into your concerns further. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Verizon is experiencing an outage with the Message+ application. Our technicians are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it quickly. At this time, we do not have an estimated time frame for a fix. Please feel free to reach out to us for updates. Did you have any further questions I may help you with in the meantime? 

0 Likes
RSTAR4U
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this solution in another thread, and it worked for me.  My only concern is if I lost any security updates. 

On android, go to google play store, click the 3 bars in upper left go to my apps and games, click message plus or Verizon Message.

On the next screen click uninstall and it will ask if you want to uninstall all updates for the message plus app. Say yes and it will work fine.

All message threads will be intact and your message + app will be the original stock version, but it will work.

0 Likes
Byraer

Mine just started crashing about three hours ago.

0 Likes
judi421
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! This worked!

0 Likes
Teddy_gk7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally got it to work. Uninstalled and reinstalled it for the 4th time and it worked. The only thing wrong now is that I wont activate my account

0 Likes
Byraer

Totally worked thanks but on mine i just needed to update all of the apps as i have them on manual update but forgot. Thanks a bunch

0 Likes