Re: Why does my messages plus app keep crashing?
Tpomp9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue 08/01/2019, had to start using another app.

tomara
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, you are losing your people. I just downloaded messages app by Google. It works well. I might just keep that one.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

As recommended by @DKyakno88 in another thread, I went to the App Store and did the uninstall there, which left the default Message+ app, not any updates.  It now opens and works fine.  I'll probably turn off auto update until the fix is released.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
BDETTE69
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why, same here??

0 Likes
ARCHEDES

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Lost all my settings - but everything else looks okay.

I'm happy with that....hope everything works out for everyone else. BTW Tech Coach never answered calls or texts. Pretty awful.

0 Likes
vhwriter
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you uninstall, then do what? Do you lose all your past texts?

0 Likes
BDETTE69
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received an update on my Android and it has been failing ever since. I need this fixed ASAP.

0 Likes
DKyakno88
Enthusiast - Level 1

You wont lose data, the messages are still on your device and will repopulat . Clear app data deletes message plus app data which is for the app its self

0 Likes
ckeathley
Enthusiast - Level 2

If only they would allow the RCS messaging inside the Google messaging app. That is so much better to use.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

When I uninstalled from the App Store, nothing was lost as I did not have to Install it again.  The default version was left as the uninstall there just uninstalled the updates.  All my messages are still accessible as they were all along with my iOS and desktop access.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes