Re: Why does my messages plus app keep crashing?
jmarnoble
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for sharing Aimee6243

I reached out to other Message+ users and they are having the same issue - confirms the outage is wide spread.

DLEASSM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here - app is crashing every time I try to open it.  It started as soon as I "updated" the app.

Clearly Verizon tested the app update before pushing it.  Doesn't speak well to their quality control.

0 Likes
ARCHEDES

I don't understand this part 'settings, app info for message app and click storage ,then clear data'.

I don't want to lose my messages. Does anyone know if this is a nationwide issue or local ? I am in South Florida.

0 Likes
ARCHEDES

What quality control ?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Appears Android related, as IOS and Desktop apps work fine.  Also, as suggested by @DKyakno88 going to the App Store and UNINSTALLING the app (actually uninstalls updates and leaves the default Message+ version) worked for me.  It immediately opened and is working fine.  Might need to turn auto update off until the fix is released.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
DHeizer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, so this is a PROBLEM that Verizon knows about, while we are uninstalling, clearing our settings, clearing data, and clearing cache.  Basicly wasting time going in circles!!!

Please Verizon, SEND A EMAIL TO US and POST the STATUS on the WEB SITE!!!

I don't need to be wasting my time fixing something that I cannot fix.

I changed over to Samsung messaging and have basic texting again.  But all my settings for Message+ are lost.

BH12345

Doesn't work on my samsung but works fine on LG so system wide outage doesn't make sense to me   

0 Likes
Arcnium
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a band aid fix until they address the problem.  Goto apps and where you clear the data and cache.  Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and goto "uninstall updates"  You can use Message+ app again simply DO NOT UPDATE IT until they address it which should be soon seeing how widespread this issue is.  Good luck.

Montelauro
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine is crashing continuously

Cleared cash

Restarted phone

I see others have uninstalled and reinstalled without success so I haven't done that.  

jav6
Champion - Level 3

I went to the app store and did the uninstall there, which left the default Message+ app, not any updates.  It now opens and works fine.  I'll probably turn off auto update until the fix is released.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes