Why does Message+ auto-correct add suggestion to partially-typed words?
dradren

When selecting the suggested autocorrect/complete from Message+ for a particular word, the suggested word is added to the end of the typed word, rather than replacing the word.  In a previous locked thread, the example was typing "Ma," having the autocorrect suggest "Match," selecting it, and having the end result be "MaMatch."  I have a Moto Z Force.  This happens frequently and it's driving me a bit crazy. Advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does Message+ auto-correct add suggestion to partially-typed words?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that auto-correct is not working properly for you, dradren. We’re committed to ensure that your phone and all its feature work as intended. Let’s get some additional information and explore ways to resolve. When did this issue start? What version of Message+ do you have installed?

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

This is no way to enjoy your messaging. I rely on my messages heavily too. I can get this fixed for you right away. Is there any updates available for Messages+? Have you tried to remove the Messages+ app and re-install it?

0 Likes
dradren

I have version 6.4.39 installed.  I cannot recall when this started.  I have had this phone for less than a year, so it might have always been like this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dradren

Thanks for confirming the version of your Message+ application. Let’s take a closer look into this auto-correction issue for you.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application as previously suggested? If so, what was the result of your testing this feature after reinstalling the application?

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes