Re: Why do I keep recieving this message "Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.&
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to communicate with our family and friends is important, and I'm sorry you're having problems
I want to make sure that you get the assistance that you need. The recipient is the person who is receiving the message. Is this affecting all your contacts? When did this begin? Have you made any changes to your phone recently? Share details. We are here to help.

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why do I keep recieving this message "Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.&
Ibecutest

I just downloaded the app last night and this morning my phone is going nuts with this message. I have not blocked any numbers. Make it stop!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ibecutest,

It can be a pain to keep receiving these types of messages. We're here to help determine what's going on so that we can find a way to stop them from being sent to you. How(text message, notification n status bar, etc.) is the message arriving to your phone? How often is the message appearing on your phone? When exactly does the message appear? If it shows up after sending a message, does it occur with multiple contacts?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
mountainvibe
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are all saying the same thing:

Within minutes of blocking a number, we are receiving text from ourselves (labled "me"), up to 50 of them but generally around 5-10 that say "recipient has insufficient funds to receive message"

They are coming in at rapid succession.

What is happening?

Okaythis
Enthusiast - Level 1

My blocked list is full but none of them were blocked recently. All a couple of months ago or whenever they were automatically unblocked (thanks for that btw Verizon) but I just got another one of these messages tonight..its pretty lame we block people for a reason and now we have to wonder which nut job is trying to get through . 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Okaythis, thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us. Being able to get the information needed for your blocked numbers is a must. When contacting us for blocking a number, they will remain blocked from your line for 90 days. Once the 90 days are over, you will need to contact us to block them once more. A more effective way to block numbers will be from your device directly if possible on My Verizon or if you have the Verizon Smart Family feature set up. Do you need these contacts blocked once more? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes