Why did I receive Verizon message with a pin number for Verizon Messages+?
CV2

I received 2 text messages yesterday 12/16/16 from 900080004102 that said VZ Messages:PIN: ######.

What are these?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: vz message with pin
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like a verification code being sent to your phone - someone trying to set up  Verizon Messages to sync a computer or tablet with your phone text messaging.  If you are not initiating this, and not expecting to receive a texted code to type in to complete setup of messaging sync, then someone is trying to set this up either on your behalf, or without your knowledge.  The text verification code is a security feature.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like a verification code being sent to your phone - someone trying to set up  Verizon Messages to sync a computer or tablet with your phone text messaging.  If you are not initiating this, and not expecting to receive a texted code to type in to complete setup of messaging sync, then someone is trying to set this up either on your behalf, or without your knowledge.  The text verification code is a security feature.

Re: Why did I receive Verizon message with a pin number for Verizon Messages+?
kic53166

I do  not have or remember a pin #

0 Likes
kic53166

just got a new phone and want to set it up, but do not know how it says i need a pin #

0 Likes
kic53166

is kic53166 my pin??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kic53166, are you speaking in regard to the Pin you made when you created a Message+ account?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
Celiajdobbs

Yes

0 Likes
Celiajdobbs

I have someone I don’t know well  wanting this message code in order to do business with me coz they don’t know me either? Can this person hurt me if I give them the code? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Did you have Message+ on your previous device? If so, it will be asking for your PIN since you are on a new device.

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This PIN is for your security, so do not share this number with anyone. Providing this PIN will allow them to access your messages, and they will be able to send out messages on your behalf. This is very unusual behavior, and we would be careful with anyone that wants this PIN or other private information.

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes