Why can't I open the Verizon Messages app?
CNEONE
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZ Message+  App has not been working properly since yesterday.  I had to constantly close the app to load MMS messages.  This morning i cant get the app to open at all.  It has been unresponsive.  What is going on VZ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZ Message+ App Not Responding
JOSFER95
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had luck by uninstalling the APP from the play store. Once uninstalled, an update option appeared that was not there before. I clicked it and it updated and reinstalled with all my messages still intact. I was afraid if used the clear data option from the application manager that it would erase all my current messages. Hope that helps and works for you as well.

View solution in original post

LeesaD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having same issues

mkroll
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem, started having issues yesterday afternoon. Today trying to open Message plus the app just times out with a white screen. I am using a Galaxy Note 5.

SkidCooly
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same.  At the "non responding" dialog I had to hit "wait" twice before it finally came up.  I've had other apps misbehave as well so I wonder if it might be something else like some system app update or such.

CNEONE
Enthusiast - Level 2

The app is working now, so I'm not sure if VZ tweaked version 6.4.10 or it final started to work.  If you have not done so, restart your phone and try it again.

Susubelle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same thing, mine just started last night. It was running slow, not sending but today, won't open at all? I turned my phone off, didn't help. Any suggestions?

Mianca
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone had this issue all day yesterday. It fixed itself late in the evening. During the day I had tried many restarts with no luck.

Now today my husband's phone is having the same issue I had yesterday. you load the messaging+ and its blank as though its frozen Smiley Sad

Susubelle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was thinking of going to a Verizon store on my lunch break? Maybe I'll

give it until tomorrow. ..

0 Likes
JOSFER95
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had luck by uninstalling the APP from the play store. Once uninstalled, an update option appeared that was not there before. I clicked it and it updated and reinstalled with all my messages still intact. I was afraid if used the clear data option from the application manager that it would erase all my current messages. Hope that helps and works for you as well.

Mianca
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also found another thread with similar issue just posted yesterday:

White screen when I open VZ Messages +

Will try that uninstalling the last update first before I attempt to uninstall the app and reinstall.