Why am i getting the message 'no longer a participant'??
DerbyGirl925
Enthusiast - Level 2

Earlier today I installed the whole Integrated Messaging and have been sending/receiving texts just fine.  Until I went to text my husband and normally where I would type my message, it gives me a message that I am no longer a participant of the conversation.  I tried to start a new text with him and I can type my message, but it doesn't allow me to send. [removed]

I'm not the only one with this problem and all the questions regarding this have gone unanswered.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am i getting the message 'no longer a participant'??
DerbyGirl925
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uninstalling the Message+ app and reinstalling it finally fixed the problem. It did delete my prior convo with my husband, but another user said she didn't lose her convo. <--- I only add that part as precautionary info.

View solution in original post

jav6
Champion - Level 3

It always helps if you identify the make/model device you are experiencing the issue on.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
TAB1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue when trying to text my husband. It is frustrating that this question has been I asked several times and there have been zero responses. My phone is in LG G6 and this problem just started yesterday. My SIM card came loose so I inserted it again and all of my other messages are fine, I just cannot text my husband because it states that I am no longer a participant in this conversation. Can someone please provide help on this?

DerbyGirl925
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a Samsung Galaxy S7, but the make and model don't seem to be the problem, I've read others who have different phones from mine.  If I felt the make and model mattered, I'd have put it, but this problem doesn't seem to discriminate make or model.

DerbyGirl925
Enthusiast - Level 2

YES!  Same!  And the same Verizon employee has responded to every one of the same questions with no help at all...

Spouses seem to be the main contact affected...all other texts are good.  I can also receive from my husband, but can't respond.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to be able to communicate with your husband, DerbyGirl925. We can further assist with your messaging concerns. You mentioned that you recently installed Integrated Messaging. Can you clarify the change that was made with regard to Integrated Messaging please? Have you been using a different messaging app on your phone aside from Message +? Is your husband using Message + too? You mentioned that you have tried to start a new text. To clarify, have you cleared your previous conversation history with your husband and attempted to start a new conversation?

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Candi4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an HTC phone.

I can no longer use message+ to send messages to three people in my contacts.

It states that I am no longer a participant in this conversation.

It just started today.

I can text if I go into contacts and send by Messages under threads.

When I return to mesaage+ it asks me to "Change SMS App?"  If I say NO, then I get a banner across the message screen list. You cannot remove the banner to "set VZM as your default SMS.."

MINNIEGO05
Enthusiast - Level 1

U am having the same problem I have a samsung galaxy s9. A couple days ago i tried to send some pictures to my husband and they still are 'sending' now i am being told i am ' no longer a participant in this conversation.' It is only a thread between he and me.

0 Likes
JAYNEW20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, too, am having the same problem. One of my commonly used contacts in Message+ is suddenly saying in the text field (which I cannot type in any longer):

"You are no longer a participant of this conversation."

For me, even going to the last phone call between us and trying to send a message from there takes me to the same issue.

And if I go to contacts (I use ActiveSync) and try to send a text as a reply to a recent email, I have the same issue still.

Also if I go to Contacts and try to send a new text message.

All using Message+ (I haven't tried another texting app and have no interest in having to go that far).

I'm using a BlackBerry KEYone running Android 7, though this is obviously not limited to any model of phone.

I WANT TO POINT OUT SOMETHING THAT MAY BE OF SIGNIFICANCE HERE:

As of a few days ago, my Message+ app began exhibiting a very odd behavior that never existed before. When I go into the app and open a text with the intention of sending a reply, and I just start typing right away like I've always done, instead of being in text-entry mode like it was always doing in the past I'm just in the list mode and my key input is resulting in a couple of keyboard-shortcut commands that are acting on the list itself (such as "T" that brings me to the Top of the list).

(Note that since I'm using a BlackBerry with a physical keyboard that has built-in shortcut commands in some of the keys for various apps, this may not be the same behavior others with full-touch keyboard are getting.)

So, there are two factors to consider here in my judgment:

1. This odd list-mode rather than text-entry default seems to have cropped up at just about the same time a lot of other users seem to be reporting this same problem with "You are no longer a participant of this conversation."

2. I wonder if it's possible that when the user goes in to start typing text and is instead inadvertently entering keyboard commands that are acting on the list, perhaps they're hitting one that removes them from the conversation? Just a long-shot guess. (I know for me I'm typing away before I realize the list is jumping all around as a result of some key-commands I'm inadvertently entering while I think I'm just entering text.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Candi4U, we definitely want to work together to find out what's going on. Do you recall any changes to the phone around the time this started? Are you able to call and text this person from another messaging app, such as the HTC standard messaging app? Are you trying to start a new text thread with this person or send a text in an existing thread?

Takendra_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes