Why am I seeing an UID for some text messages?
Colicole
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't feel this answered the question and I have the same one. I opened the text message detail screens on a particular text and the uid is 0. Most of the time it is a longer string of numbers. I am curious why it would be zero on some texts and not others. If it helps, I am texting an iPhone user and I have an android. They have AT&T, but it also happened when texting another friend that has an iPhone, but I think she has verizon. So my question is why would a text from my android to an iPhone user show the uid in the detail screen of the text at zero when all the text right before it had a longer digit number.

Labels (1)
Re: Why am I seeing an UID for some text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Colicole, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your text messages. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have, and we will be glad to help you get this corrected. To confirm, since when did these issues start to happen, and also what kind of troubleshooting steps if any have you already taken to get this corrected?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why am I seeing an UID for some text messages?
Colicole
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just noticed it for the first time the other day, but it has probably happened countless times in the past and I never noticed. It isn't really causing me issues. I am just curious why a UID in the text message detail screen would be 0 for some texts and a nine digit code for others. I think all my texts are being received on the other end regardless and am just curious if you know why UID is zero sometimes and a nine digit code others.