Why am I not recieving texts on my PC on Messages ?
Bob828
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not receiving texts on my PC on messages plus that are sent to my phone?

Labels (1)
Re: Why am I not recieving texts on my PC on Messages ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bob828, we know how important it is to have access to your texts from multiple devices with how many texts are sent and received these days. We are here to work toward a resolution on the issues with receiving texts on your PC. We recommend to remove the Verizon Messages program from your computer and re-install from the following website https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/ as the first step. Have you been able to receive texts on your PC in the past? Do you get any error messages on the PC when trying to use the Verizon Messages program?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bob828
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.  I had been receiving texts on my pc, but somehow they stopped.  Never have received any error messages, but did have to reinstall Windows a while back.  That may have been the start of it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to receive messages across the platforms you use. The following link will provide information on how to Sync Messages Across Devices. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/#sync

Victor_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DLCPhoto
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have used Message Plus for PC (not the Windows 'App' which gets horrible reviews), for many years, have uninstalled/reinstalled, verified sync settings, etc.  This is not my 'first rodeo.'

I use this on my Windows 10 Pro PC, used it on my prior Windows 7 PC, and use the Verizon Message+ App on my current Galaxy Note 8, Oreo.

Performance has *always* been inconsistent.  Sometimes texts are synced and shown on both devices, and sometimes they are not.  It is quite frustrating, and *not* the result of user error.

Verizon has not updated the PC App for several years now, and I would suspect that this is the reason for this, and other problems.  If Verizon "cared" about the user experience, they would update this app, and not just reply with the stock answers of uninstall/reinstall.

This is just a poor program for PC, and needs to be improved/updated, and this hasn't taken place for many years.

Sorry to vent, but these problems have been going on for quite some time now, with absolutely no changes or updates from Verizon.

Bob828
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  I solved the problem by deleting Messages until Verizon re-programs it.  I did enjoy it when it was working.

0 Likes
DLCPhoto
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's still partially working for me, so I'm still using it, but can't depend on it.

I started looking to other options, such as mysms, but haven't tried them out yet.

Have you found an alternative?

I wonder if Verizon personnel will respond here with something actually useful, acknowledging the problem, or if it would be just another like those above, which don't address the fact that there is something very wrong with this program.

0 Likes
Bob828
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another one is Mighty Text also found on google play along with mysms, but haven't found the time to try either one.  Don't text much, but sure enjoyed being able to from the PC.  Good luck, will let you know if I run into something.

0 Likes
DLCPhoto
Enthusiast - Level 3

The question remains:

Does Verizon have any plans to update the Messages+ PC Application, so that it will consistently provide the promised functionality?

When it is working properly, I think it is a tremendous program to have, and should be a selling point for Verizon.  But when it doesn't work as represented, it has the opposite effect on Verizon's reputation.

If there is no plan to update it, please just let us know, so we can plan accordingly.

Thank you.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@DLCPhoto

I understand your concerns with ensuring you are able to successfully receive texts messages using the Verizon Messages PC app on your computer. Please allow me to help.

In order for your texts to properly sync to your tablet or computer, your line must be subscribed to Integrated Messaging service. If your line isn’t subscribed, you can sign up for Integrated Messaging on the web by signing into your My Verizon from the “My Messaging” page here: http://spr.ly/6587Dl2mV, and clicking “Go to Web App”. Please keep me posted with your results after completing these steps.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes