Why Has My Message+ MacOS App Stopped Syncing?
ANDSER25

I have been using Message+ on my phone and my MacOS for nearly a year and the update this morning caused my Mac to no longer update with new texts. I can send texts through the app on my Mac but I don't receive any replies. I looked and the Mac OS App hasn't been updated in some time... and has terrible reviews. Is there an update planned?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ MacOS App stopped Sync after update
ST861905
Enthusiast - Level 1

ANDSER25 I think I ran into this issue as well when the update hit. In the new update for Message+, it introduced a chat feature similar to Kik and other message clients if the recipient also use Message+. (You'll know this if on your phone you start typing you see the word "Chat" under the send arrow that the recipient is using Message+ and has that chat feature enabled. Otherwise, you'll see SMS or MMS.) If the messages you have sent or received was during a "Chat" session, the MacOS version of Message+ will not sync those messages (but, the iOS, Android, and ironically enough the Windows 10 versions have the chat feature available and will sync just fine).

It took me a few days to figure that out, but I believe that is the issue and hope that this makes sense, and also hope that this will encourage the powers that be to update this app and also fix the bugs that plague otherwise a convenient way to stay in touch without running to the phone.

Sorry for the text wall, but I hope this is helpful, please let me know if it is not.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ST861905
Enthusiast - Level 1

ANDSER25 I think I ran into this issue as well when the update hit. In the new update for Message+, it introduced a chat feature similar to Kik and other message clients if the recipient also use Message+. (You'll know this if on your phone you start typing you see the word "Chat" under the send arrow that the recipient is using Message+ and has that chat feature enabled. Otherwise, you'll see SMS or MMS.) If the messages you have sent or received was during a "Chat" session, the MacOS version of Message+ will not sync those messages (but, the iOS, Android, and ironically enough the Windows 10 versions have the chat feature available and will sync just fine).

It took me a few days to figure that out, but I believe that is the issue and hope that this makes sense, and also hope that this will encourage the powers that be to update this app and also fix the bugs that plague otherwise a convenient way to stay in touch without running to the phone.

Sorry for the text wall, but I hope this is helpful, please let me know if it is not.

0 Likes
ANDSER25

I believe this was my problem as well. Seems to be working now but will test for a few days before calling it solved. Thank you for your response!

~Andy

0 Likes