Why Do I Get A "download interrupted no connection" Message?
AntonyJ

This  happened to me this morning. My phone was sleeping. When my hand passed over it, it woke up and showed the text "Download interrupted. No connection" accompanied by the symbol of an unopened envelope in a small circle. I had set my phone to not show notifications from my email clients, and email was not opened at the time. Nothing was open on my phone, so nothing should have shown such a message. I swiped and unlocked the phone, and there was only my desktop screen with my icons. The only notifications I normally receive are about texts and calendar, unless I have an open app (e.g., music), then it normally shows that symbol (icon) on the lock screen, too. So, what is this weird message?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Do I Get A "download interrupted no connection" Message?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that update, AntonyJ. This could be a picture, video or item that you attempted to download previously finally showing up do to issues through the source it was downloaded. It can also be related to an app or software content being updated in the background. Have you noticed any sluggish behavior on your device recently? Have you had the notification pop up more than once?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how this message seems odd when you were not using your phone, AntonyJ. Do you have your phone set for automatic app and/or software updates by chance? Is this message in your text inbox or just a notification on your screen? What model phone are you using?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AntonyJ

Sorry for a late reply. I expected a notification of some sort when someone responded to my question. Yes, Play Store auto-update is turned on fory apps. My apps auto-update every time I turn on my phone in the morning. The strange message was not in any of my email inboxes or junk folders, and neither was it in my Verizon Message+ texting app. The only glimse I saw of the notification was from my just-awoken lock screen. My phone is a new Force Droid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that update, AntonyJ. This could be a picture, video or item that you attempted to download previously finally showing up do to issues through the source it was downloaded. It can also be related to an app or software content being updated in the background. Have you noticed any sluggish behavior on your device recently? Have you had the notification pop up more than once?

JoshuaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AntonyJ

Thank you, JoshuaT, for the explanation.

As to your two questions: 1) Yes, I have noticed sluggish behavior on my device recently. About two weeks after setting up my super-snappy Force Droid, it was no longer snappy. Internet pages now take a while to open and load, whereas before they were nearly instant; and 2) I have only spotted the notification pop up once.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AntonyJ, let’s take a look to see why the phone is sluggish. On the phone please do the following http://vz.to/2bzT1Lz. Please notify us of anything that comes back with a red or yellow exclamation mark. Regarding the notification of the pop up if that happens again if possible please take a screenshot.

TionnaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes