Why Cant I Receive Pictures? Please Read inside!
Tripperftw

OK, like well, today i went and took my phone to Verizon, and i told them the problem, and like when i starte dto han fhim my phone, all my pictures and stuff started to load up and such?

but like before all that, my phone will go to the connecting screen and then it will downlad it to about 1/4 of the way ....and then just stop?

like i dont know whats the problem, i thought it was my old phone being broken or somethign but no, its somethign else?

everyone else can get receive around me, and i can send them but i cant get them?

i dont know what to do?

can anyone help me on whats going on 😕

thanks tripp!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why Cant I Receive Pictures? Please Read inside!
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

You definitely want to have a tech or a customer service rep over the phone look through your device to make sure the internal settings are set correctly. If you are able to send, but not receive, typically there is a number in your phone that can be corrected (MIN, SID). There are also some basic settings to make sure you're phone is functioning under the correct NAM (Numeric Assignment Module)

Again, terms that of which you may not need to know the exact function, but they are still numbers that dictate how your calls are routed and authenticated in the switch.

If you do decide to call in or take it to a store again, if you mention that your phone may need to be manually programmed they will be able to assist with making sure the above mentioned numbers are set correctly, as it doesn't sound like they had done much with the phone when you had taken it into that store.

Regards

Message Edited by SMRyan on 03-20-2009 08:20 PM
Message Edited by SMRyan on 03-20-2009 08:20 PM
0 Likes
Tripperftw

So  theres no way of myself just fixing it now? i have to wait for them to ddo what they gotta do?

and thanks for the help...

im just so confused how i can receive random pics but when i want someone it just doesnt work  :smileysad:

idk.

i guess ill either call or go back tomorrow thank you

0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2
What type of phone do you have? Typically you can find the manual programming steps online, again there are certain numbers that you'd only be able to be provided by verizion, since they are stored based on certain details on your line (your area code, and location, etc etc)
Message Edited by SMRyan on 03-20-2009 08:29 PM
0 Likes
Tripperftw
Env2
0 Likes