Why Are My Messages Stuck On Sending?
Kieta
Enthusiast - Level 3

So updated to 6.4.4 and my messages are still stuck on Sending until I disconnect WiFi. I don't understand how they can offer unlimited text and you can't!!!! LOL But seriously this sucks and has made me switch messaging apps so I don't have to turn the WiFi on/off just to send a text. Ridiculous!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Why Are My Messages Stuck On Sending?
MissMoni84

OMG...I'm having the same issue! The guy at the Verizon store advised that I "Force Stop" the app. When he did it in the store, it worked but when I got home, it didn't. I just turned off my WiFi after reading ur post and my messages went through. I totally agree, we shouldn't have to turn off WiFi to send a text!!!

0 Likes
crazylikeafox11

This has been happening to me since Sunday, 2/5/17.  I noticed that some contacts were "chat" and some were "sms" when I was composing messages prior to that but there didn't appear to be any other issues.  On Sunday, I thought no one was texting me back until the next day I received a text from a friend asking if I had sent her any texts as her car told her she had 3 unread messages but nothing was showing up.  I checked and everything was stuck in "sending" status.  I could receive messages but nothing I sent went through.  All of the people I had tried to text the previous day had my messages showing as "sending".  I logged into my Verizon account online to try to find a way to contact them to troubleshoot the issue and see if the issue was with Verizon's service.  When I logged in, all of my stuck "sending" messages magically sent.  I couldn't find a way to live chat with a representative to figure out the issue and since the messages went through and I was unable to call customer service, I called it good.  Of course a couple hours later after I thought I sent more texts, turns out my texts were stuck in "sending" again.  I deleted and reinstalled the app and that seemed to work.  (Previously I had simply tried to uninstall the updates to revert to the prior version that was working.)  Now it's happening again.  Day 3 of having to check if my message is stuck in "sending" and then try to find a way to force it through.  I can no longer long press on a message to bring up the option menu that previously provided a way to retry sending.  Turning off my wifi didn't help.  I found another thread that said restarting their phone worked.  That worked for me.  Then I tried to text someone else right after restarting and verifying that my previous attempted text went from "sending" to "sent" and that new text seemed stuck in "sending" again and I thought, "Great, I'll have to restart my phone every time I want to text someone."  Lucky for me the message status changed after about 20 seconds.  This is the default message app on my phone.  Having to restart your phone every time you want to send a text is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
hotwils1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I left Verizon a few months back.  When I switched to TMobile, I no longer had this issue.  I have returned to Verizon, and I am having the same issue again.  SOOO, this is definitely a Verizon Wireless issue that they need to resolve.  It's extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hotwils1, We're glad that you are back in the Verizon family and messages stuck on sending isn't the Verizon norm, we're here to help. What's the make and model of your phone? Does this happen when you're not connected to Wi-Fi?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
hotwils1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a Pixel 2XL.  It continues if I turn off WiFi or have it on, Force Stop and nothing happens.  I seriously need an ongoing billing credit if this is going to be a continuing issue, not just a one time credit.  If I'm paying for a service, I expect it to be functioning at all times.  Especially since Verizon is the most expensive of all providers.  BTW, It's not the make and model of the phone that causes it.  I'm smart enough to know that this is a Verizon issue and has been for YEARS. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hotwils1, we would never want you to go over a situation like this. Are you having this issue indoors or outdoors? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

wi-fi is part of your isp package, if it doesn't work, contact you internet provider.

0 Likes
hotwils1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not just WiFi. It's WiFi and data.

0 Likes
hotwils1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both. WiFi and data. Indoors and outdoors.