Why Am Not Getting All Of My Messages With The Verizon Messages App?
ANG94

I downloaded the app on my tablet, which uses wifi only, so that I could get my messages when I don't have my phone nearby. The app is working fine on my phone, but not all of my messages are transferring to my tablet. I am not using an iphone and I am not referring to media messages, but plain texts. And yes, I do have a good wifi connection when this happens. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but I am still having issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am not receiving several of my messages with the Verizon Messages app
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then call customer service and if it doesn't work contact your wifi provider.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANG94, I do the same here when I'm not near my phone. Let's clear this up. When Message + is activated, the messages will be stored in the network for 90 days. Anything message past the 90 days will not show up on your tablet. Here's more details http://vz.to/2c20gwK.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANG94

I'm sorry, but that did not answer my question. I don't care to get messages that are up 90 days old. I don't even care get to get messages that are 24 hours old. My issue is that when my phone gets a text message, for whatever reason my tablet does not always get all the messages that are being sent to my phone. There have been numerous time that I will pick up my phone to see several text messages that my tablet never received. What can be done to fix this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ANG94

Sorry for the confusion with the last reply. Let’s take a closer look.

First, please tell me what model tablet are you using the Verizon Messages application on? Is the tablet on and does it have an active data connection when this is happening?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

First off they were just trying to help; no need to be hostile. Second of all devices when they go to sleep disconnect from wifi. It's not gonna be on 100% of the time nor should you expect it. If it's on your phone its not an issue. The tablet is just an auxiliary device.

0 Likes
ANG94

It happens even when I am using it, not only on stand by. It was working seamlessly for the last 2 years, now all of a sudden it stopped working properly.

0 Likes
ANG94

It is a Samsung tablet and I have it set up for wifi only

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then call customer service and if it doesn't work contact your wifi provider.

0 Likes
ANG94

Thank you

0 Likes