When will integrated phone in message be operational again
Johnsnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Would like to know when the integrated phone in message + will be activated again.

It worked when I bought my new phone and tablet in March. Then stopped working on thw tablet.

All I get is a message:

Unable to setup Integrated Calling on your account at this time. Please try again later.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will integrated phone in message be operational again
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, Johnsnj. All of your questions will be answered in our FAQ on Verizon Messages+. This FAQ will provide you with all the up to date information on this application.

Verizon Messages (Message+) FAQs | Verizon Wireless

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
Johnsnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you point me to the location in the faq that answers my questio?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize that the previous response was not clear, Johnsnj. The FAQ page will provide all current information related to Message + for you. As new information comes along, we will update the FAQ page. With the removal of Integrated Calling, an alternate option may be used in order to place calls over WiFi. What type of device are you currently using to place calls from? Are you looking to make calls to domestic phone numbers? Were you using the Integrated Calling feature due to a coverage issue?

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

You stated that an alternate option may be used in order to place calls over Wi-Fi.  What exactly is this alternate option and how does it work?  I currently have a Samsung Tablet S2 and The LG Watch Sport Smartwatch ( both used for domestic calls). Both devices can no longer make calls as a stand alone device since Verizon disabled the Integrated Calling Feature.  So please enlighten me on your alternate option....Thanx

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

JOG0277 wrote:

You stated that an alternate option may be used in order to place calls over Wi-Fi. What exactly is this alternate option and how does it work? I currently have a Samsung Tablet S2 and The LG Watch Sport Smartwatch ( both used for domestic calls). Both devices can no longer make calls as a stand alone device since Verizon disabled the Integrated Calling Feature. So please enlighten me on your alternate option....Thanx

While they said an alternate option may be used, they did not say that alternate option was provided by Verizon. A couple of alternate options would include, but are not limited to

WhatsCall: Free Phone Call, Wifi Calling,Free Text - Apps on Google Play

Text Free: WiFi Calling App - Apps on Google Play

TextNow - free text + calls - Apps on Google Play

Wifi Calling - Apps on Google Play

Free phone calls, free texting SMS on free number - Apps on Google Play

Hangouts Dialer - Call Phones - Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
Re: When will integrated phone in message   be operational again
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I am aware that there are other free Calling & Texting Apps in the Google Play Store.  But, most of those apps aren't compatible with Google's:  Android Wear / Wear OS for Smartwatches.  Which means; most of those apps can't be used on a smartwatch running on Google Software (trust me...I've already tested most of those free Calling / testing apps).  The only app that comes close to the features of the Verizon Message Plus App; is an app called "Pulse".  The pulse app allows for messaging across phones, tablets, smartwatches without being set as the default messaging app.   The only bad thing about the Pulse app, is that it doesn't offer Integrated Calling and they charge a small fee for you to receive messages on your Tablet and Smartwatch.  The reason for my original question; was that I was waiting on a response from a Verizon Rep to see if there was an Alternate Option that was specifically offered by Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOG0277,

We made the choice to make calling unavailable from newly connected devices in order to resolve a technical issue and ensure our customers have a good experience. We apologize for any inconvenience and are actively working to make this feature available again at some point in the future.

Wi-Fi calling is available for all compatible smartphones, but your watch and tablet do not have this feature built in. A third party application may work, and you also have the option of upgrading your smartwatch to a cellular model with Numbershare capabilities.

I hope this information provides clarity!

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for your prompt response.  My LG Watch Sport Smartwatch already has cellular capabilities.  I previously had a Verizon SIM card installed in my smartwatch and I paid for an extra phone line, in order to use my smartwatch as a separate calling device.  But since Verizon disabled The Integrated Calling Feature on their App; and the fact that their Message Plus App is no longer Compatible with Android Wear Smartwatch Softwear ; I had to deactivate my SIM card and cancel my extra phone line.  Does anyone in Verizon Know when Integrated Calling will be enabled again?  And does anyone in Verizon Know if their Message Plus App will ever be compatible with Android Smartwatches again? 

0 Likes
Re: When will integrated phone in message   be operational again
Johnsnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Vzw

The phone is LG v30 and tablet is Samsung Galaxy tab e.

When I bought the phone and tablet at the Verizon store, the sales person told me I could make calls through the tablet by using message +. Got home hooked it up and everything worked great for a few months. Then it got turned off.

0 Likes