When connected to work wifi I cant send texts or make phone calls.
negru08
Enthusiast - Level 1

As many others have posted numerous times and never gotten any answers.....I am having the same issue. Only with Verizion though. My US Cellular phone when connected to the same wifi works.

My issue is when I connect to the my works wifi my texts seem to almost stop working. This issue has been happening since day 1. Just now complaining about it. I have all my apps up to date and cache for message is cleared. I cant seem to disable Wifi Calling or I would. All I can do is force stop it which seems to temporary fixes it. But the interal serive starts itself back up on its own. 

As stated above though my US cellular phone does not have this issue. Both phones are the same phone.

Samsung S9 + with latest and all updates. Verizon phone has issues while us cellular does not. While I understand that the works router can cause issues this does not explain why US Cellular has no issue. It must be the way verizion communicates over wifi compared to US Ceullar. 

Fix this before I leave Verizon permanetly. 

0 Likes
Re: When connected to work wifi I cant send texts or make phone calls.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

negru08, 

We hope that you reconsider your decision to leave and allow us to continue as your wireless provider. It's important to us that you stay connected via text message when you're at work. Do you have any issues with sending and text messages when you leave your workplace? Are you using the text messaging feature on your device or a third-party messaging application? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
Magefyre70

I have (and have had) the same issues for quite some time with my Note9.  If I'm connected to wifi either at home or at work, text messages are delayed and calls go straight to voicemail without showing up in the call log.  

I use Next SMS on my phone, my wife uses the stock messaging app on her S10 and has the same issue.  If we are connected to wifi, the text messages don't always come in.

Today I had text messages come in at 3pm that were sent at noon.  I've been sitting in my office since 9am so it's not even that I've been moving around changing networks.

I've called for support previously and gone through the resetting networks/connections step and it has not gotten any better.  The ONLY solution I've found that works is to turn off wifi if I want to reliably get calls and texts. 

Is this a ploy by Verizon to force us to use more data on the mobile billing?  I still get emails and notifications from my various apps - just not the voice and text that you would think would be at the heart of a Verizon phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Magefyre70, we appreciate you clarifying the issues you are having as we want nothing more than to make sure that these issues are resolved as quickly as possible. Other than you and your wife, are you aware of anyone else that is experiencing the same issues? What is the zip code and nearest zip code to the affected area that this is occurring in? Does this issue happen indoors/outdoors or both?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes