What is up with Verizon wireless Connect plan?
Stryton
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was going to buy two new phones tonight.  One for my wife and one for myself.  I selected the family connect plan.  I also did this a week ago, but decided to wait for the free activation.  The connect plan comes with Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging, however, tonight when I was going to go through with my order I got to the page where I select my features and I had to chose a texting package?  Also I had the ability to add the VCast package and according to Verizon's website the VCast package is not available for the Connect plan.  Any ideas? 

These were my texting options:

Text, Picture, and Video Messaging

You must select an option below  

500 Text Messages PLUS Unlimited IN Text Messaging $8.50/month

500 Messages $4.99/month \

100 Messages $1.99/month

250 Messages $0.00

Now before you go and say are you sure I selceted the Connect plan I can answer that with a definite yes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is up with Verizon wireless Connect plan?
Stryton
Enthusiast - Level 3
Looks like Verizon fixed it.  Those extra text packages are no longer showing. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Protege
Contributor - Level 1

It all depends, Verizon Wireless has different Tiers for the Family Share plans:  Basic>Select>Connect>Premium.  The same thing applies towards secondary lines on the account.  If you select a Connect Primary, the secondary lines automatically receive unlimited text/pix/flix and if you wanted the secondary line to have unlimited you would need to select a Connect Secondary (the default secondary line is the select). 

So, according to the features that were available for you to choose from online, you created a Nationwide Connect Family Share plan, So your primary line on the account will also receive unlimited internet and mobile e-mail.  You just need to make sure you change your secondary line to a connect secondary ($10 more for that line) and all will be ok.  

Hope I didn't confuse you =p  If you need verification, just call customer service after you activate your new phones.  They do a good job explaining things.

Cheers

0 Likes
Stryton
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.  I know about the different tiers, but the Connect plan already comes with unlimited messaging, but it is asking me to sign up again. Plus with the options it is giving me 250 messages for $0.00, but 100 messages are $1.99?  That makes no sense?    Is there some kind of glitch in the system?  Also last week I did not have these options when I was originally going to sign up for the Connect plan before I decided to wait because I wanted free activation.

0 Likes
Protege
Contributor - Level 1

That is definitely a glitch.  Unless VZW is handing out free messaging =p

If I understand you correctly, you already ordered your phones.  So when you get them, call customer service to make sure everything was set that way you wanted it to be.  Good luck Stryton :smileywink:

0 Likes
Stryton
Enthusiast - Level 3
Actually I did not order anything yet since there is an obvioous glitch in their system.  However, it looks like they are trying to fix it because as of right now I can't even add the Connect plan after I select my 2 phones.  Hopefully Verizon is fixing this so I can place an order.
0 Likes
Stryton
Enthusiast - Level 3
Apparently Verizon was not fixing that as it still lists everything the same.  Looks like I may have to wait another week or two before I get phones.  Hopefully that will give Verizon enough time to fix this.
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
e
Stryton wrote:

These were my texting options:

Text, Picture, and Video Messaging

You must select an option below  

500 Text Messages PLUS Unlimited IN Text Messaging $8.50/month

500 Messages $4.99/month \

100 Messages $1.99/month

250 Messages $0.00

Now before you go and say are you sure I selceted the Connect plan I can answer that with a definite yes.

Those are some very different numbers from any plan I have seen....

Add to BASIC
$5/mo for 250 texts (sent and received)
$10/mo for 500 texts PLUS unlimited texts M2M
$15/mo for 1500 texts PLUS unlimited M2M
$20/mo for 5000 texts PLUS unlimited M2M

And the SELECT and CONNECT plans include unlimited texting to anyone.....so I'm not sure where those numbers came from.  As you said, a glitch in the website, which seems to keep changing on you.  You may be able to order over the phone or in a store, and explain that the website was being funky, so you still would get the online discounts.

HTH,

Message Edited by SuzyQ on 08-24-2009 11:22 AM
0 Likes
Stryton
Enthusiast - Level 3
Looks like Verizon fixed it.  Those extra text packages are no longer showing. 
0 Likes