What is up with Message + notification "Temporary background processing" in my status bar?
JIMPRI71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Message+ has been showing "Temporary background processing" in my status bar like I have a new text message and it's driving me crazy! What does this mean and can I get rid of it?!?!?!

Labels (1)
Re: What is up with Message + notification "Temporary background processing" in my status bar?
janethdsn
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is what I did. Maybe it will work for you? I pulled down the message from the message bar and long clicked on it. It gave me a message with an option to disable it. I disabled it and then I restarted my phone. Gone. Seems to have worked. Good luck!

Re: What is up with Message + notification "Temporary background processing" in my status bar?
SAMR1219
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue start yesterday afternoon... I did this just now and it seems to have worked:

Settings > Apps > Message+ > Force Stop

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Janethdsn,

We always want your applications to be up and running properly. Sorry to hear that this is not happening with the error message and thanks for your hard work in an effort to resolve this issue. Let's get this permanently fixed. What make/model device do you have? When did this issue start? 

Thanks,

Pamela_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TrainDaddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with Message+ on two separate devices, both updated to current stock software deployments. The issue started about 4 weeks ago. Message+ sits on the notification bar until the phone is rebooted. Eventually it returns after a few hours. The notification is this:

Message+

Syncing messages

Temporary background processing

App data:

Version 6.6.7 (latest available on Play Store)

Phone data:

Note 8

Model SM-N950U1

Baseband N950U1UES5CRH7

MOE17

Curious if this is still working for you. I did this three days ago and the syncing message is posted again. It is killing my battery life too.

0 Likes
Re: What is up with Message + notification "Temporary background processing" in my status
Mija831

Mine is doing it for a few weeks now out of the blue. How do I fix it?

0 Likes
Re: What is up with Message + notification "Temporary background processing" in my status
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having issues with your text app for weeks is not the experience we want for you. Rest assured we are here to help! As the issue has been ongoing for a few weeks, what has changed with your device? (setting changes, software update, etc.)

Also, as you are having the same issue as others in this thread, janethdsn and SAMR1219 both provided a few steps that worked for them. Have you tried to complete those steps? 

1. pull down the message from the message bar and long click on it. Then you will show a message with an option to disable it. Please disable it and then I restart the phone.

2. Settings > Apps > Message+ > Force Stop

Please let us know if the issue remains after completing these steps. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

JaimeG_VZW

0 Likes
SuzV30
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same issue. it's not so much the notification that I am worried about it's the other device??? I only use this device for anything. So how do I know if someone somehow has my messages sinking to their device? How can I tell what other device it's syncing to? It's concerning. 

jnutt9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was there ever anything to come of this? I'm having the same issue and don't care about the message itself or battery from the process. I just want to ensure that it's not syncing to another device. If I could do a "disconnect all synced devices" option and only use my account cell phone, that would be ideal!