What happen to Android Wear Support?
JasonFJ40
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife has the Zenwatch 2 and Zenwatch 3 by ASUS with her LG v30 phone. I have the LG Watch URBANE with my LG v20 phone. We both reset our devices this past weekend but lost the ability to get Message+ on our watches. In fact if we run Message+ on our phones we get no notification on our watches when we receive an SMS or MMS. What happened? Message+ used to be on our watches and working fine? Why did Verizon remove this compatibility?

Labels (1)
Re: What happen to Android Wear Support?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for including so many details. There are a few different variables we have to solve. I'm sure this is confusing, but let's work to find the solution. Please tell me, what caused you both to perform a rest on your devices? Have you successfully paired the devices with the watches?

Vanetris_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnnyGman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I stopped receiving new texts in the app on the watch.  I also could not send new messages from the app on the watch.

That said, however, I was still receiving new notifications, and could reply via the notifications.

I first tried clearing the cache, then the data, however it didn't change the behavior.  This is when I uninstalled the app from the watch.  When I tried to reinstall the app on the watch, it is no longer listed in the Play Store on the watch. 

To make matters worse, now that the app is no longer on the watch, I no longer receive notifications on the watch for new messages.  I have verified that Wear OS -> Notifications -> Message+ , is enabled to send notifications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have a great concern at hand. Being able to send and receive text messages from your watch is important. Don't worry, we are here to help. Please tell us more, are you able to receive notifications from other applications? Do you use other messaging apps on your watch? If so, do you get messages via other applications?   

Monica_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Docshiznit

I also have this problem with my LG Urbane watch, which I reset over the weekend because it was being very slow and I hadn't reset it in many months.

I am finding that the messages are not coming to the watch, although my other messaging apps are working fine, including Gmail.

When I type in Verizon message in the Play search bar on the watch itself, it shows the app but it says it's not compatible with this version of android wear.  Which is weird because I had it just two days before, and my watch says it's updated to the latest version of android wear.

Any suggestions?

I have an Lg V10 for my phone, never had problems with the messages coming to my watch til now.

I was not having any issues with the app on the watch before the reset.  I don't usually use it to dictate and send, but I could always read and ignore messages from the watch.

0 Likes
JASKON77

What happened with this ?  I'm having the same problem with my Tag Wear OS watch not receiving alerts from Verizon Messages .  All other notifications come through fine.   The Verizon Messages app says it's not compatible with my version of Wear OS .  This is a real bummer . 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Docshiznit, I can certainly understand ho wit would be a concern that the message function you previously had with your watch is no longer working. You have provided some excellent information. I want to make sure we can get to a resolution so I need just a few more details. Can you please clarify which other messaging apps are still working? Does your phone have the latest software update? Have you tried resynching the devices?

Melissa_VZW

0 Likes
Docshiznit

I have checked both phone and watch and both are up to date. So far my

Facebook, Gmail, and Kakaotalk messages all come through to my watch fine,

verizon messages are the only ones I've found that do not work.

There is no option to 'resync' the apps, but when I go to the app store on

the watch and find the Verizon messaging app it says it's not compatible.

The app is also up to date on my phone.

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018, 7:00 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
JohnnyGman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can receive notifications on my watch from every app installed on my phone, except for Message+.

I do not use other messaging apps on my phone or my watch.

Everything worked fine until I uninstalled Verizon Messages from my watch.

Now: I no longer get notifications on my watch for SMS/MMS (even though it is set in the Wear OS App to send the notifications).

I no longer can install Verizon Messages on my watch.  It states that "Your device isn't compatible with this version."

As stated previously: I have a Samsung Note 8, running Android OS 7.1.1 and a Moto 360 Sport running Android Wear 2.17.

0 Likes
ZAWAPRZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe you are (as a Verizon) quite AWARE of this issue... Some new users now happen to cross you with the same OLD and KNOWN to you issue... It's like a ticking bomb... All worked fine until the NEWEST UPDATE FROM GOOGLE of their NEWEST OS WEAR came in. I have Ticwatch E, and after upgrading (and indeed resetting watch in hope it'd bring INSTANTLY LOST MESSENGER + BACK) it says now (in Play Store) : this app (Messenger +) IS Not COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR WATCH!! - yes, Messenger + is still there on Google's Play Store, but I BET in a wake of constant WARS between IT companies (anybody remembers Browser's WARS BETWEEN MICROSOFT AND REST OF THE WORLD? - same way Google killed pretty much Firefox with their Chrome) - same happens here - AT FIRST, the Googles Messages did not work smooth enough.. FEW DAYS LATER, suddenly with 'internal tweaks and updates from Google, it works totally fine on my Ticwatch (effectively killing desire of Messege + back on my watch .. in a way at least)!! Bye, bye Messege + (which is bad, because Message + still is better polished app when works then Messages from Google - for the moment) - BUT PEOPLE! WAKY , WAKY.. Even tone of this 'Tech Support' of you EXCELLENT POINTs/QUESTIONS is fake - pleasing you in wake of their cannot do anything about it.... they know.. AND FOR THE MOMENT They CAN DO NOTHING... and more, and more users will repetitively will bring this problem as it is real (to Verizon).. Not all of us discovered it yet, but it is only matter of time when (like with any other smart device) they will be in need to 'hard reset' (for varieties of reasons) when they will unpleasantly discover their favorite Message + is gone.... It's all about those WARS..  Same o, same o.. All your new 'firmware upgrades' on your phones, while fixing some issue Purposely BRING OTHER so eventually your phone slows down, and you are FORCED TO BUY A NEW MORE POWERFUL PHONE......... GOT IT??? Smiley Sad (as long as phones/devices ARE MADE IN US it's greats as people have jobs....... but no!! they are made abroad!!! ;(... ) - bad deal.