Re: What do the different color chat bubbles mean in messenger + groups
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring that everyone in your group thread receives all the messages is very important, LCSG. I am happy to assist. I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you've done on your end. When you're sending the message, are you connected to the cellular network or Wi-Fi? Also, has the contact that is not receive the messages tried creating the group on their end? GregL_VZW

dbyrne723
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with a group message and we both have Androids.  He says he has MMS and group texts enabled.  Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dbyrne723-

The last thing that we want is for you to have issues with your messaging app. I'm here to help you find a solution. To confirm, are you using the Verizon Messaging Plus app? Is the other party able to receive your text message as SMS outside of the group text message? Is this only happening when on a group text message? I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Magtwo

Same problem. Yes they do not receive the group message. They do get the private message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am very eager to clear this up for you. I appreciate your situation and as you probably noticed, this this is a common occurrence when using the Facebook Messenger App. Our devices have software designed to be compatible with Verizon Apps. The blue bubbles are always iMessages and the green bubbles are all other texts that are not iMessages. We have found that when using the Verizon Message+ app, the group text issues are non existant. Unfortunately, we cannot trouble shoot third party apps like Facebook Messenger because it's not a Verizon product. We recommend to use our app, or you can always reach out to Facebook and ask them for help. Here's help if you decide to make the switch back to Message+: http://spr.ly/6600EgQfq.  TinaN_VZW

0 Likes
danemacrae
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue as the original post. We have one person in the group chat, that is not able to receive group messages through the Verizon Messages Plus app. The icon next to their name/number in the recipients list is also blue (). i have moved the sim to a different device, and the trouble follows the SIM, so it is nothing to do with the device. it seems like the is being recognized by the app in some fashion. Verizon, can you reach out to your software/app support dept and see whats different with this number? thanks in advance

Verizon Messaging App.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

danemacrae, 

We understand wanting to get to the bottom of why your contact isn't receiving any of the messages from the Enhanced Group you created. Since your photo contains actual phone numbers we recommend deleting the photo from the thread. Has this person ever been able to receive messages within the group? What model device does this person have? What messaging app are they using? The reason we're asking this information is that the Enhanced Groups use data instead of regular text/MMS messaging and could be the reason behind the issue. 

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
oldave49
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am having the same issue.

one pers . out of 14 on a group text list does not get messages.

i feel like the responses from verizon here are not even trying to be helpful.  it seems like a simple enough question

chago26

Same issue here.  17 out of 18 participants get my texts.  According to the person not receivng the group text she has Verizon as the carrier.  I'll check to see what messaging app they are using.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I agree that you pose a simple question, Oldave49. Finding a lasting solution is the part that will take a little more work. We need to cover a few bases in order to get pointed in the right direction. For the one person that is not receiving the message, what messaging application and device are they using? What make and model of device are you using? When did this issue begin or when did you first notice? Looking forward to hearing back and further assisting. ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes